Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-26-2012, 06:33 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Was just about to post here. Got both of them off with the heat, alcohol and elbow grease, but they left a shadow. Gonna contact Interstate Trailers and see if they have a slightly larger shield. If they want to charge me, I'll ask why I should pay to advertise for them. Seriously, if it's not too much, I'll buy them, but if it is, there's ebay and 77 Spartan for something "different".
Yea, you really can't get around that shadow, you just have to put something else over it like you are planning.

I assume the goof off didn't harm your paint? I know that goof off is usually fine but can take paint off in some areas if an older paint job.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-26-2012, 07:29 PM   #30

I just used De-natured alcohol and lots of elbow grease. It did take a little paint off, but not like acetone would have.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:09 PM   #31

I have used a garment steamer with great success. Also works good for wall paper removal
Old 02-05-2012, 01:18 PM   #32

Fleetwood Owners Club
Learn from my mistake!!! I used a heat gun to remove the "Bounder Classic" decals with the kangaroo. I started on my hood and didn't realize that the heat was too hot and under the decal I was blistering the paint. I now have to have the hood repainted and I don't even have 800 miles on it.

For the other 3 decals I used a hairdryer and the they came off rather easily, but the adhesive is a pain to get off. I used many coats of "Goo Gone" and a plastic credit card to scrape the adhesive off, coat by coat. Each decal took about 45 minutes until the adhesive was gone and it looked like it was never there.

I was fortunate that the coach is a 2011 and I didn't need to worry about the paint fading.

DON'T USE A HEAT GUN!!!
Old 02-05-2012, 05:41 PM   #33

I used a hair dryer too, but the de-natured alcohol still took the paint off. I guess the oxidation was down to the base coat and I rubbed too hard to get the adhesive off. I just need to think of appropriate decal to cover the faded part and shadow. Do they make an irv2 decal in an ~9x9 size?

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote