New TT owner here - we need to leave our TT unattended in a mixed (vacationers to low income long term) park daily and occasionally for a few days at a time so could use some advice as to locking things up on a TIGHT BUDGET. Here were some tips I found that also created more questions.... any thoughts or suggestions appreciated !
- Change from factory standard on door and baggage compartment. Our TT is new (2016) so has double lock on door now so okay to leave? Baggage compartment might be cheaper to buy new lock than rekey?
- Purchased the little Reese "in the coupler" ball lock. And insured the trailer
- Run chain (or rubber coated wire like the kind used to tie out a dog) with locks thru bottle handles and lock to frame of TT.
- Ditto propane above - they are in plastic boxes so assume safe to do? Brand new or would not worry about them since they are heavy lol.
- Run chain (again, rubber coated wire) from power protector to pedestal - ?? Pretty sure the pedestals were square and I did not see a lot to attach to. Will lock when gone for the day, when gone more than a day would remove and lock in TT.
Have pushed the limits on the amount of things we needed to buy already so looking for BUDGET suggestions since I know there are great but "expensive" ways to secure all these items... =)
Thanks for sharing any ideas!