Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 10-08-2007, 03:56 AM   #1
Looking for a little input. We are looking to purchase a new 5er. Been to several lots, shows, etc and are narrowed down to a few. I really like the Denali 28' w/rear kitchen but don't know much about Denali other than what we've seen on their web site. Artic Fox 29' doesn't have a great floor plan but we know Artic fox is a solid product. And then this past weekend we looked at a Bighorn 3055. Which my hubby and I really liked. Towing isn't a problem, and I know the Bighorn is probably a little more money. Any suggestions?

Kristen is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-08-2007, 04:33 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner

While I cannot answer your question, let me welcome you the iRV2. It is a great palce and I'm sure you will be hearing soon from folks that have experience with those choices. We do hope that you keep us informed while you go thru your selection process and you experiences after your purchase.

Please do continue to come back often.

John, Joyce & Libby the Yellow Lab. - Fulltime since `08

2005 Kountry Star FW-35LKSA by Newmar
2012 Ford F-450 Lariat
K-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 04:36 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club

Let me add my welcome to iRV2.com. We're glad you found us.

As John said, I'm sure you'll be hearing from owners of the brands in question soon.

2016 Ram Longhorn 3500 Dually 4x4 CCLB, 385/900 Cummins, Aisin AS69RC, 4.10
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 11:09 AM   #4
hi, i am biased but i like the artic fox. we have a desert fox and really like it. good dealer and great factory support. if we have a problem, one in two years, call factory and they either tell us where to go to get it fixed or matt will let us pick where to get the warrrenty work done. i feel sorry for people who have to fight with company and or dealer. hope this helpls
mcgillagorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 01:24 AM   #5
Texas Boomers Club
Hello, I am like the previous poster, but biased toward the Big Horn trailer. We bought our's in February and love it! Also, we have been very impressed with the factory response to the warranty. Our dealer has been less than satisfactory in his work and attitude, but the factory will work with any dealer we choose.

We bought the 3055 too and love the floorplan and the amount of storage space there is both inside and outside.
2011 Heartland Landmark Grand Canyon
JayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 06:14 AM   #6
boondock camping and cold weather camping its hard to beat a Arctic fox . Thermopane glass windows is a great idea no mater where you camp of how warm or cold it is . keeps the heat out and the cool in when the Ac is running , keeps the cold out and the heat in without all the dew on the glass when its below freezeing.
2001 Holiday Rambler 31' cks 10000 lbs loaded
2006 2500hd duramax/allison crew cab
xc-mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 09:07 PM   #7
I am also biased toward Arctic Fox - I have had mine for a little over two years now and have had only one problem that was quickly fixed. Great company, great owners forum www.afnash.com
As far as floorplans go, they are always evolving them. I heard that there is a new plan in the 27 series for 2008.Which 29 model were you looking at - there are two one with a rear kitchen and one with a rear lounge-I like the rear lounge best. According to the poll on the afnash forum the 27-5L is the single most popular 5th wheel, of the two 29 models the 29-5T is the most popular, but not by much. There is also a new 27-5B with bunk beds. All Foxes are made in Oregon and distribution east of the Mississippi is probably going to be limited again- you don't say where you live and that could make a big difference in your decission.
Not sure about the others, but with the AF you can have one built almost exactly as you like- just call and talk to the factory.

One thing I noticed is that all of the units you are looking at have slides - something to look closly at is how much access do you have to the inside of the unit with the slide in - ie can you get to the fridge? or the bathroom? You never know when you might want to stop for a minute to get a cool can of soda or use the bathroom with the slide in. You may not always want to put the slide out while loading it for a trip. Just something to consider.
07 Chevy 2500HD 6.0L ,6 speed auto, 4x4, Blue Granite Metalic

05 Arctic Fox 22H
Randy the sly old fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 06:23 PM   #8
Thanks for all the input. I like the rear kitchen in the 29. We are from Washington State so getting one really isn't a problem. Good idea about calling the factory. We have a 24' TT now from AF, and we do love it and haven't had any problems, so I really am leaning that way. I've heard and read lots of problems on the Bighorns, which bums me. Still looking for info on the Denali. In searching a little more, my hubby really likes the 32', but we will see.

Kristen is offline   Reply With Quote