RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2019, 05:32 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumminsfan View Post
When we had our TT and it came time to winterize it I asked the dealer about it. He said it would be $50. (2010)
He said that I could watch and learn then do it my self the next time.
I'm guessing if you called you dealer they may do the same for you, unless they're so swamped that they want your trailer for a week to do a 20-30 min job.

Other than that do like mentioned and YouTube or look in your RV's manuals to see if there's a winterizing/dewinterizing section.
True about our dealer. They had pre-printed instructions to hand out to customers.

Brenwol1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2019, 06:33 AM   #16

Purchased my TT in Nov 2018.
When I went to pick it up I noticed the pink anti freeze in the shower and sinks.
I said . . Oh, I see you winterized it. He says yes... yesterday!
Not thinking much about it I hooked up and drove away
3 weeks later we head out to El Paso TX to visit our grand daughter who was expecting her first child, our first great grand child. Anyway I waited until I got to El Paso to dewinterize the camper. Even 3 days after arrival on TX because the temps were dropping below degrees...
Once I finally did do it we found out we had water leaks beneath the shower and behind the toilet.
Needless to say I was/am pissed.
Called the dealer found out they have a "no warranty" clause in their paperwork.
Called the manufacturer to find they only cover limited defects in material an/or workmanship..
In plain English you're screwed.
We still haven't had it repaired we just use the showers at the campground, I did find that the leak only leaks whenever we use the shower, everything else is ok,
Toilet and sinks no problem.
Looks like I may need to disasembile the rear half to find the leak.
Best of luck with yours

Tags
dealer, service, trailer, travel, travel trailer, winter