Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-19-2011, 04:49 AM   #1

Dexter EZ Lube Hub Removal Question

Can someone tell me how to remover the nut retainer from the nut? I have the TT jacked up, removed the rubber plug and see the retained but it will not come off.
lostagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-19-2011, 06:34 AM   #2
edj

There is a lot of info at the Dexter Axle web site. This link has info about maintenance of the bearings.
edj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:51 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by edj View Post
There is a lot of info at the Dexter Axle web site. This link has info about maintenance of the bearings.
Been there no help.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:55 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostagain View Post
Been there no help.
But have you looked at the specific file that edj attached, or did you just go to the Dexter site? The attached document tells you clearly that the retainer just snaps in place. It must be pried off, then can be snapped back in place.

Here is a link that shows you what the retainer looks like. Should make it clear how it comes off. I also have a photo available if you need more help.

E-Z Lube Retainer Nut Kit

JP
Kurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 06:23 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
I think he is looking for pictures....http://dexteraxle.com/i/u/1080235/f/..._Lube_3-09.pdf

Do you have the older style tang washer or the newer style?
here is the tang washer.
Replacement Spindle Washer - Tang Type for E-Z Lube TruRyde Trailer Spindles 5-101
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 04:17 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
I think he is looking for pictures....http://dexteraxle.com/i/u/1080235/f/..._Lube_3-09.pdf

Do you have the older style tang washer or the newer style?
here is the tang washer.
Replacement Spindle Washer - Tang Type for E-Z Lube TruRyde Trailer Spindles 5-101
I have the new type and they just will not come off. I have tried to pry them off with a thin screwdriver, a punch, and pull them off with pliers. No cigar.