Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 10-06-2012, 11:06 PM   #1
Did I pay to much?

I just bought a 1983 31 ft. Skyline Nomad, with a/c, after market installed radio, working fride, stove, inside and out it is in great condition for the year...now here is the question DID I PAY TO MUCH? I paid 3500.00...do you think it is a fair price for the year?

kwilt06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-06-2012, 11:11 PM   #2
I think only you can answer that one. It sounds like a good price to me if it's, as you say, in really good condition. Check the age of the tires. They may look good and be 10 years old.

Retired. RVing with one husband and five cats.
1999 32' Fleetwood Southwind Class-A. Ford V10.
RanCarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:22 PM   #3
IWillRVToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:38 PM   #4
If YOU'RE happy that's all that really counts.
Bob, Sherron & Kinsey (Goldendoodle)
2009 Tiffin Phaeton 40QSH
2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited
BobGed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:26 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Now is kinda' late to ask. If you are happy about the unit, let the water flow under the bridge and enjoy the RV.

Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|Full-Time! - 2012 6.7L Ford Crew Cab Dually -2013 HitchHiker Champagne 38RLRSB - Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:43 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

The NADA "blue book", which is actually yellow with blue writing, has a version for RVs. The value of any RV over about 10 years old depends on condition more than model year. Your TT is 29 years old, so any "blue book" number is going to be almost useless. The model number indicates interior length, so your 31' TT is probably a model number 28-something. So just for grins, here's the numbers per NADAguide:

1983 Nomad M-2850A,B

Suggested List Price . Low Retail . Average Retail
Base Price:$10,709......$660.........$800
Options: (add options)
110 Volt - 13,500 BTU (Roof Mount) $85 $100
5 cu. ft. Refrigerator . $75 ........ $90
Flushing Toilet/Holding Tank . $75 ..... $90
Waste Water Holding Tank . $75 . $90
Water Heater 6 Gallon Gas/Elec . $30 . $35
Awning 15' . $115 . $140

TOTAL PRICE . $10,709 . $1,115 . $1,345

Plus add more for other options such as microwave, sterio, upgraded mattress, etc.

1983 Nomad M-2850A,B Standard Equipment, Prices & Specs - NADAguides

If your TT is in good shape with tires less than 3 years old, and all the appliances work good, then it's probably worth what you paid for it. But the typical 29-year old TT is worth less than that.
Grumpy ole man with over 50 years towing experience. Now my heaviest trailer is a 7,000-pound enclosed cargo trailer, RV is a 5,600 pound Skyline Nomad Joey 196S, and my tow vehicle is a 2012 F-150 EcoBoost SuperCrew.
SmokeyWren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:15 AM   #7
The old saying is "A fair price is the price both the seller and buyer agree on."
If you're happy with your purchase and everything is working on the tt, then you did well.
The standing joke in our house is that after we make a larger purchase, we stop looking at sales circulars. Inevitable, someone somewhere has it for a few dollars cheaper than I paid....lol.

I work with a guy who always "finds the bargain." He constantly brags how he finds the exact same item as a co-worker at 10 - 15% less. We all have our view of him and it has to do with the bull at a cattle ranch.

Enjoy your trailer, you will make it worth the money you spent.
Nitrohorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:49 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
A house for $3500 ?!?! and one that moves ?!?

great price enjoy and test it out this weekend - if 10 things are wrong with it it's still a lot less than a new one !
If you really are sad and think nobody cares, just try missing a few payments ! '11 Monaco Diplomat 43DFT RR10R pushed by a Demco Excali-Bar II hitch which is pushed by a '14 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport.
JohnBoyToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:22 AM   #9
I plan on getting pictures this weekend the last couple of weeks I have been busy at work.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:25 AM   #10
Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo View Post
A house for $3500 ?!?! and one that moves ?!?

great price enjoy and test it out this weekend - if 10 things are wrong with it it's still a lot less than a new one !

I would but there are 2 things stopping me on that one. 1 is a wedding that im best man in, and the second is that the tt is winterized so i guess i will have to wait til spring
Old 10-16-2012, 11:32 AM   #11
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Look at it this way - you just bought a room addition for $3500. If it gets to double as an RV, even better.
2016 Shasta Oasis 18BH, 2015 Ram1/2 ton Hemi
lgarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:05 AM   #12
I agree, if you are happy then who cares. $3500 sounds like a good deal to me. Enjoy your camper.

NURSECAMPER is offline   Reply With Quote