Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-02-2014, 03:24 PM   #1

DirecTV DVR in a 2014 Winnebago One 29RL

SO, if you have a remote Directv Tripod and all the hardware, where do you physically place the DVR on the inside? Extend the ledge below the TV, stand it up on the floor. OR will it fit above the blocked off space above the fridge?

Thanks...Dale In Colorado

P.S. I formally posted this question in he wrong forum...

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2014, 08:05 PM   #2

Not sure it's the wrong forum. But I can tell you there are not a lot of 29RL owners.

I'm not sure there is a wrong location, per se. I would build some sort of containment for it so it doesn't slide around and enjoy!

Old 10-03-2014, 12:11 PM   #3

I just set my Direct DVR on the ledge below the TV, stays put. There is only the two of us, no kids running around to knock it off. The 29RL TV is next to the hallway to the bedroom & can be easily bumped. I have thought about some type of more permanent mount or larger shelf area fastened below the TV, since the OEM shelf is rather narrow & leaves a lot to be desired, but have not as yet. Are you using regular signal or HD DVR, there is a trick to aligning dish quickly with HD. Basically do not connect HD DVR to dish until signal is obtained from sat finder or LNB may go into Maint mode & not synch up. I can go into more detail if you want on the dish setup, not sure if this is the place.
Old 10-05-2014, 12:31 PM   #4

Directv in a 2014 Winnebago ONE 29RL

Thanks for the info...Did you look at placing the DVR above the fridge/freezer? Mine has a ~3in space that is currently plugged with a wood panel. Any idea whats behind that panel?
Dale In Colorado
Old 10-05-2014, 07:09 PM   #5

Dale i went out today & looked all around our unit & the only conclusion I can see is that back panel closes off the vent shaft behind the fridge to the roof. If you were to use that space the only easy path for wiring would be to drill into the left side into the adjacent cabinet, then follow the back corner down into the TV area. Couldn't bring myself to drill holes & explain to wife what I just did to her cabinets. What I decided to do is make a small 3" X 13" extension on the bottom shelf just to the right of the DVD & place the DVR at that point. Doesn't look that bad & is hardly noticeable when the DVR is there. I used a piece of an old cabinet door that was already finished & a couple of brass angle pieces. I guess one could re purpose an old end table etc. to provide a suitable shelf piece. Not sure if this is what you were looking for, hope this helps. Vic in SC
Old 10-13-2014, 05:34 PM   #6

Directv DVR in a 2014 Winnebago One 29RL

Thanks Vic for the info....I don't want to rip up the cabinets either. Not that my wife wouldn't mind since it was her suggestion to go above the freezer. I want something simpler so I can spend the rest of the time playing softball !!! The ledge extension seems to be the best. But because of the slide out, I will have to install/uninstall ( couple of screws maybe) when wide open. Dale in Colorado
Old 10-14-2014, 01:48 PM   #7

I know what you are saying about drilling holes. You can use the shelf above the fridge & allow the wiring to hang down next to the cabinet, not for me I like my wiring hidden or out of the way. I made a small shelf ext 13" X 3" on the right side of the TV shelf, (left side sticks out into the hallway) & wife likes the way it matches the cabinetry. Be careful if you do this to not more than 3" deep or the slideout will strike the shelf when it is retracted. The slideout stops about an inch from the shelf. The 3" ext gives me 12" of shelf depth & is sufficient for the DVR. The wiring is retained to the right side & a multi tap surge arrestor in the AC outlet for all the plugs. I suppose you could fashion a drop down hinge if you need something larger & you could fold the shelf out of the way. Vic in SC

Tags
winnebago