Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-04-2005, 04:24 PM   #15
I have washed and dried my RV bedspread twice now.. If you have a front load washer/dryer..like the Whirlpool Duet.. you don't have an agitator or anything like that.. and you don't get the wear and tear on your cloth items. I tried it the first time to just see if it would work because I wash other 'Dry Clean Only' clothing items in my front load washer and they do well..

Good luck..mine is still crisp and just like new...

JoyusWit is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2005, 04:38 PM   #16
Im a Hillbilly but keep my RV rigs Clean so I buy several large blankets, like Navaho rugs or military wool blankets to cover the bed and couch . Helps protect the upolstry and bed from all my hunting dogs .

GSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 04:39 PM   #17
Thank you for the suggestion Joy..
I will consider trying that, if I don't find a replacement for using every day, while the new bedspread gets packed away.
Newmar Mountain Aire 2005

3778 W24
paulmarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 06:54 PM   #18
The cover supplied with our Queen bed must have been made for a King. So DW removed it and made a light quilt to replace it. She also added a lot of color to the quilt to liven the place up a little. Don't you hate everything being the same?
Windbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 04:08 PM   #19
Yes, but the matteress went!
04 Dodge SLT Quad SWB CTD 4x4 Auto 4.10
32' Sierra double slide 5th wheel
Sweeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 03:06 AM   #20
If you ever get up to the factory's stop by and check them out. Some manufacturers have discontinued items, bedding included, along with just about everything else you can imagine that they have changed from for one reason or another. Have seen some great deals, may even find replacement bedding like you have as a spare. May even be worth a call to see if they have such a closeout section.
Old 09-20-2005, 10:57 AM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
bedspread that came with the trailer is In a bag in the closet at home. When we sell it or trade it in, we will put it back on. Until then we have spreads that we purchased from the store.
John, Joyce & Libby the Yellow Lab. - Fulltime since `08

2005 Kountry Star FW-35LKSA by Newmar
2012 Ford F-450 Lariat
K-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 04:55 PM   #22
Our dog had an accident on our bed ( guess I should've gotten up). I use my spread that came with our rv (says dry clean). I washed it in cold water on gentle and dried in dryer and came out looking great. I figure I have it, use it.
jtel 5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 09:27 PM   #23
My tags also say "dry clean", so that dry clean cover is folded and stored. I also found our new cover at Walmart. Our color scheme has a off beigh,cream color. The color was hard to match, but I did find something at Walmart. Who'd guess!
Happy Campers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 07:26 PM   #24
We have the beautiful bedspread in a bag in the attic. When/if we ever need to sell the trailer, it'll go back on the bed. In the meantime, the very practical comforter looks just fine to us.

Most of our friends have their own covers on the bed as well.

Tim -

wife Beverly & 2 boys who love camping
NW Tim is offline   Reply With Quote