RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-19-2019, 09:46 PM   #1

Does anyone know where to get one of these please

Its dropdown leg motor for a 2013 cruiser rv in US. I'm from Aus and they were marketed her as a CELL. I cannot find the brand or a spare part that resembles it and the dealer is out of business. I would like one exactly the same as to keep the originality, any help would be greatly appreciated. Regards Greig

Greig is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2019, 09:50 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum. Visiting Australian is on my bucket list. Sorry I can't help you, but I'm sure others will soon be posting helpful advice.

IBTripping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 07:57 AM   #3

I've found this dealer to often have the unusual item. Not sure how to cross reference to your particular motor...
https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/...abilizer-jacks

"drop down leg motor"... is that the tongue jack/downball, or a power leg leveling jack motor? (My Queen's English keyboard translator is broken...)
https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/...c-tongue-jacks

Example: Here's a 2013 Cruser RV, that appears to have the OEM (and very much entry level quality), power tongue jack from LCI (Lippert Components).

When you go to the Lippert page, that particular model is "out of stock". Likely discontinued or upgraded.
https://store.lci1.com/power-tongue-...ck-285318.html

I would argue (politely), that with the age and brand of your trailer, it would be easy to upgrade the tongue jack/or any other to a better model and brand. Keeping it "original" may not be the best solution.
Normal_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 03:36 PM   #4

There is not much to a tounge jack. They are standardized meaning the hole and four bolts will be the same regardless of jack brand, and they are all 12v meaning two wires plus ground. Find one with best bang for the buck and enjoy.
Old 10-21-2019, 03:19 AM   #5

Thankyou for replying. The tongue jack has just been upgraded for a much better unit. the motor I'm after i'm for the stabilizer leg. I have since founs you can fit a 42mm planetary motor of industrial quality to the housing, thus retaining the original polished alloy look , yet much more reliable. cheers
Greig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 09:08 AM   #6

Outdoors RV Owners Club
In the future a picture of the item will help in case there are language issues. Things like "trailer" and "caravan", if you follow my meaning. Glad you got it figured out.

keymastr is offline   Reply With Quote