Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-08-2016, 01:05 PM   #1

Don't worry be happy

This is in response to a fellow rver who is having a bad day when he goes to check in at campground and it also applies to all of us.

dont sweat the small stuff
Everywhere you go in life there are problems to deal with. I decided long ago that if we just step back and take a breath and thank the good lord that we are where we are today because of him and there are many blessings all around us that will more than offset the trivial stuff we encounter on a daily basis. One phone call from the doctor will put everything in perspective however sometimes that is too late. Always look for the good in a bad situation and you will realize the things we fret the most over are not important at all. If you have to stand in line too long or put up with people who are trying to learn just think of all the people in hospitals and nursing homes that would trade places with you in a heart break. Most of us are seniors and are on the down hill slide of our lives so just enjoy every second of everyday because one day you will not have that choice. We live in very troubled times and we are all so blessed to do what we are doing but we can't do it if we put all the worldly issues on our backs and let the worry of trivial issues offset what we have been so blessed to be doing. Our Lord never promised us a smooth flight just a smooth landing. Happy Rving to all!!
cmcguire48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-08-2016, 01:11 PM   #2

Amen
Old 02-08-2016, 03:24 PM   #3

Well said. Life is a gift.
Old 02-08-2016, 05:43 PM   #4

dont sweat the petty stuff, pet the sweaty stuff.....grrr....
RVGuy1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 05:54 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Your exactly right when you say we live in troubled times.

90% of the population has now idea the stress reliever RVing can bring. I look forward to trips that I have planned months ahead of time. Specially to the same campsite I had a few year before. Might be just to read a good book in the shade at the waters edge, our a kayak paddle around the lake early in the morning.

My signature used to be "Smile be Happy" Since Toyota came up with "Let's Go Places" a few years back, I changed it when I bought my Tundra.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 06:18 PM   #6
RPr

When I tell my friends it paid thousands for a trailer so I could drive 250 to 300 miles a day, drive 60 mph, get 10 mpg and be off the road by 8:00 pm; they look at me like I have two heads.

They just do not know the joys of the RV lifestyle.
RPr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 04:26 PM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
I get to pay $1000's to buy a RV, to bring my own bed bugs to sleep with, a frig full of my favorite beverages. Get out of the rat race called "the city". Don't have to deal with "the boss".

Having to deal with getting up at sunrise, pour myself a mug of coffee, slip on my favorite loafers and take a stroll around the campground...watching the mist coming off the lake.

Sounds like I have problem....I don't want to leave

Life is rough. Let's let the 90% of the population out there that thinks the RVing lifestyle is a fantasy keep it that way.
Old 02-12-2016, 08:48 PM   #8
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Life doesn't have a rewind button. Enjoy what you have, and don't sweat the small stuff.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 10:14 PM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Very few at my company retire in their 50's. (600 employee's) I can only remember 4 past co-workers over the last 10 years retiring in their 50's. But three started other full time jobs in the schools. I could work another 10 - 20 years and not be any further ahead. Off to Alaska this summer after 58 more work days to go.
Old 02-13-2016, 10:28 PM   #10

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Tomorrow is never guaranteed.
Finally getting close to being able to quit working and go full timing. EXCEPT DW was diagnosed with inoperable liver cancer last June7th, 7 days after being fired. The Dr's are trying to keep her alive and healthy long enough to receive a transplant. Can't even travel in the meantime since she can't be far from home while on the waiting list.
So, I guess you could say EVERYTHING else is small for us right now.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote