Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-01-2012, 02:19 PM   #15

I am a retired plumber.

Dig up the cleanout and install a TY if verticle and a Y and 45 degree ell if horizontal under it being sure to replace the cleanout at the same height above ground that it was. Just remember that the correct pitch of the piping up to the dump is 1/4" to the foot but 1/8" per foot will work too. Your black tank effluent will not flow uphill without a pump pushing it. There is no problem or codes being broken that I know of.

I have a macerator pump on my 5er and so far have pumped black and gray tank 125' through 5/8 " garden hose to a proper dump with no problems. It is somewhat slower than dumping with a 3" hose in the normal manor.

ralper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-01-2012, 03:22 PM   #16

My clean out is ~20' from where I park my MH. I have a 18" wide x 20' long piece of carpet remnant that I run from my MH to the clean out so I don't wear a hole in the dump hose as I run it across my cement driveway. I just roll it up and stand it in the corner of my garage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Thomas View Post
When we built our home, it installed an outside cleanout, right where I can park the motorhome. I also installed a hose bib for water, and an electrical box, with 50 amp, 30 amp, and 20 amp electric box. It also has a coax connector to tie into my cable tv from the house. In other words, full hook up for our motorhome or friends who have an rv, so they can hook up. Works great! We get back from a trip, I back in, dump and flush the tanks, and I am done. A little planning makes life a lot easier...
Great Mike. What time's dinner?

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 03:40 PM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
My last stop when I come home from a trip is right in front of my house. 19.5' from the curb is my cleanout that I use for my dump station. Two ten foot sewer hoses is all it takes and I am done. I even marked the curb with a black arrow so I can line up the coach with the cleanout. I have a pad next to the house with water and 50 amp service but the cleanout is a little far from the pad for a permanent installation next to the coach.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:39 AM   #18

Yes, we still have the "dump" next to the driveway where the TT is parked. We tapped into the large old plastic sewer line from the mobile home we lived in until our house was built.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:47 PM   #19

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Did much the same as you.. When I got the RV I had to buy a lot and finish filling in a swimming pool, I had the crew dig down and address a sewer issue and install a "Dump" line at the same time.. Kind of wild they dug down. Missed the pipe by "That much" as Maxwell Smart would say (holding his fingers about an inch apart, by the way that's how much they missed by) I spotted signs of where the pipe was and said "Try hitting that spot" he hit it which his shovel CLANG, Found it. Not the first time I've done that but the first time I did it without knowledge of where to dig.

No problems.

now we full time so I always have a sewer connection "At home" cause.. Well, Home is where we park it.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:06 PM   #20

Yes, put one in about 10 years ago, awesome!
Driving 45 minutes to dump got old. Easy stuff. Basic plumbing stuff here, Cr@p flows downhill LOL.
Windecker
Old 01-14-2012, 11:38 AM   #21

I recently installed a cleanout and a water hydrant just in the front of the storage building that I keep the trailer in. I just back up to the dump and I have water right there to flush the tanks out good then back it on in and unhook.
Couldn't be better!
It is also handy to refill the fresh water as we get ready to leave for the lake.

Tom
Toms57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 12:00 PM   #22

Our township installed cleanouts about 6 years ago. Before I winterize, I clean out the tanks and dump using the cleanout which is in our yard close to the street. Yard is sloped just enough to completely empty.
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 05:30 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Added sewer and water when we had the new garage pad poured
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0097.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	393.8 KB
ID:	17105   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0099.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	276.9 KB
ID:	17106  

sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 05:52 PM   #24

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Just bought a FloJet pump and 100' 1" hose. Pump it to a toilet or clean out.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:00 PM   #25

Our sewer ran perpendicular to the parking pad and was down about 4 feet deep. I dug it out and cut into the 4 inch cast iron pipe and installed a cast tee with rubber couplings. Try cutting cast iron inside a deep hole with a sawsall! Anyway, added 4 feet of plastic pipe up to the surface and installed a cap and clean out under a concrete cover and box. Works great and is right next to the Rv outflow pipe. While all dug up I also ran a 3/4 inch water line and a 2 inch conduit back to the house. I pulled in 4 #6 wires and tied into my main service panel with a 50 amp 220 breaker. I also pulled in cable tv in a 3/4 conduit. I now have a 50 Amp RV outlet and water on a 6x6 post with a cleanout right next to the rig with cable tv. Now, whenever I get the bug but dont have time, I just go out there, turn on the AC, grab a beer, and watch the game in the RV. It's like I went way far away but am 50 feet from my front door.
-Paul R. Haller-
Old 01-30-2012, 08:59 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul R. Haller View Post
Our sewer ran perpendicular to the parking pad and was down about 4 feet deep. I dug it out and cut into the 4 inch cast iron pipe and installed a cast tee with rubber couplings. Try cutting cast iron inside a deep hole with a sawsall! Anyway, added 4 feet of plastic pipe up to the surface and installed a cap and clean out under a concrete cover and box. Works great and is right next to the Rv outflow pipe. While all dug up I also ran a 3/4 inch water line and a 2 inch conduit back to the house. I pulled in 4 #6 wires and tied into my main service panel with a 50 amp 220 breaker. I also pulled in cable tv in a 3/4 conduit. I now have a 50 Amp RV outlet and water on a 6x6 post with a cleanout right next to the rig with cable tv. Now, whenever I get the bug but dont have time, I just go out there, turn on the AC, grab a beer, and watch the game in the RV. It's like I went way far away but am 50 feet from my front door.
-Paul R. Haller-
Is that what they call "practice camping"?
Old 01-30-2012, 10:13 PM   #27
Yaj

Pond Piggies Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We set up a MH port right next to the house. So we put cable tv, electric, water and dump right next to the utilities bay in the MH. The dump was real easy, I just ran a 3/4" pex line from the drain system in the house through the wall with a quick hose connect on the outside wall and use a macerator pump to dump!

We call it Fort Wilderness North!

Old 01-31-2012, 12:28 AM   #28

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBOL View Post
if you had a,lets say 20 acre pasture what would you do?
Dont dump on the ground... cesspool maybe..