Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-05-2012, 09:25 AM   #1

dump valve

How do I replace the black water dump valve on a 2003 travel lite 25' trailer
capitancamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-05-2012, 09:28 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the forum!

If your rig is like most, the blade valve is pretty easy to replace and they only cost about $15 so replacing black and grey at the same time is prudent.

Hopefully.... your current valve is still working and you can get both tanks dumped. Then you might want to use your jacks to tilt the coach toward the drains to get a better drain. Then, tilt it back the other way a bit so you stay dry during the job.

They come apart by removing several bolts on each and then just working the parts loose until they separate. I like to put some lithium grease on the blades and rod on the new valves before installing.

Good luck.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:36 AM   #3

This worked for us for a temporary solution if you are having leak-by.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:26 PM   #4

Nor'easters Club
The twist on valve works really well and is worth installing it allows you to attach the waste pipe and saves getting a nasty surprise when you remove the waste pipe cap with out it. been there had that happen not pleasant
Englishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:34 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Englishman View Post
The twist on valve works really well and is worth installing it allows you to attach the waste pipe and saves getting a nasty surprise when you remove the waste pipe cap with out it. been there had that happen not pleasant
I got the big surprise my first time dumping the tanks on my current RV, the remote cable operated black tank valve wouldn't seal, so I installed the twist on valve for a quick fix. I think that was two years ago, I really need to fix that valve this winter while it's in storage.