Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-10-2014, 11:29 AM   #57

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I've never seen it this clean!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-10-2014, 07:23 PM   #58

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I know that we bought a used Class A from a place in TX and they really know their business.....new hardwood floors, etc. What I was going to say is that they recoat all the roofs and according to them it's well worth their time. I actually have two 5-gallon cans of the coating now. It's a product available at Lowes, Home Depot, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbh31118 View Post
Finally got the roof cleaned and I'm wondering if they make a coating to help extend its life. I'm going to redo all of the sealing around the fixtures this week but it's going to need a new roof in a few years.

Before cleaning

After cleaning
Old 06-11-2014, 05:54 AM   #59

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I think that a seal job now would add many years to the current roof that's on the camper now. The one thing I haven't figured out is whether or not to use the Dicor coating or if there is some thing better. Either way it needs to be EPDM compatible and cost effective because I'm one poor boy.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:14 AM   #60

As you, restoring my 2000 Springdale, i want to recoat the roof soon, although in decent shape (was told ), But i would never use a roofing product made for anything but EM RV Roofing, i know it's a lot more expensive BUT !!!

Jim
rideandslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 10:36 AM   #61

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideandslide View Post
As you, restoring my 2000 Springdale, i want to recoat the roof soon, although in decent shape (was told ), But i would never use a roofing product made for anything but EM RV Roofing, i know it's a lot more expensive BUT !!!

Jim
Jim,

I agree. This is some thing that you must do your homework on. There are a lot of roof coatings out there but most of them that I've seen at the box stores were silicone base and that wouldn't hold up on epdm. There are other products out there other than dicor but I think the important part is that it's made for epdm. I'm looking into a couple of roofing companies right now to see whats out there.

In the mean time, though, the siding needs some serious attention and waxing before I leave for Wisconsin. That is, if I can get my trucks cooling problem solved before we leave.
Old 06-12-2014, 04:46 AM   #62

Roof Coating and Research

I agree...do your homework. I simply am stating something about a coating that a reputable RV reconditioner/seller has been using for a long time and they claim good results. I'll try to get the name of the product and pass it on. That way, you can research it. I'm not recommeding it without some research on your part but it worked good on the Class A we bought from them.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:01 AM   #63

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
I agree...do your homework. I simply am stating something about a coating that a reputable RV reconditioner/seller has been using for a long time and they claim good results. I'll try to get the name of the product and pass it on. That way, you can research it. I'm not recommeding it without some research on your part but it worked good on the Class A we bought from them.
Sorry, I hope I didn't sound like I was trying to snub you on that one.

I'm not ruling out buying dicor products by no means, I just want to make sure that I'm getting the best bang for my buck. It really doesn't make a difference were the stuff comes from as long as it works as intended but that goes without saying. Either way some thing is going to get done because that old roof could use it and new trailers are not getting cheaper.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:07 AM   #64

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I hope the Mequires Gold Class wax holds up well. Sure makes it shine real nice.

Old 06-18-2014, 06:07 AM   #65

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Master bed rebuild. The old top warped and ended up sending every thing to the middle of the bed like it or not! Here's what I came up with.

Before

After

Added some support to the ply wood to keep it from warping in the future, should make my wifes back feel better than before. Also enlarged the ply wood top to support the entire mattress. Before it was a few inches shy all the way around so you really couldn't use the whole bed.
Old 06-18-2014, 09:43 AM   #66

Impressive work. Keep the pics coming. I am really enjoying watching the Dutchmen resurrection.
Old 06-19-2014, 05:46 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller303KDS View Post
Impressive work. Keep the pics coming. I am really enjoying watching the Dutchmen resurrection.
I agree totally! Love to follow the rebuild project.
Old 06-23-2014, 11:14 AM   #68

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thousand mile trip this weekend to the tractor pulls in Tomah, Wisconsin. Trailer was looking shiny and ready to hit the road!

Note to self; Carlisle tires didn't blow out again.....Hum, must be doing some thing wrong.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:24 AM   #69

Long trip! I assume you're staying several days. Must be a vacation for the fam. Hope all goes well. The trailer looks great. Keep us posted on the trip.
Old 06-25-2014, 07:32 AM   #70

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Long trip! I assume you're staying several days. Must be a vacation for the fam. Hope all goes well. The trailer looks great. Keep us posted on the trip.
Anniversary weekend trip, no kids allowed LOL. Left on Thursday night and was home by Sunday night. Friends of mine have the pulling tractor Radical Red that was pulling in Tomah, Wi so the wife and I decided to go and watch. It was also put the trailer through its paces and see what else needs to be worked on.

Next up; will be the water heater tank repair and/or sky light removal/reseal.

Tags
dutchmen, lite, plastic, repair, tank