Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-27-2012, 08:23 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by john74 View Post
Recently purchased an aerolite travel trailer ; have ongoing problem of air in lines using a new well system with a 7' in ground frost free shut off , pressure regulator and rv filter system . Our neighbors have the same setup with no air in their lines ? We also used the water from our neighbors frost free hookup and the problem continues . RV tech insist it's our well even though he noted no change in our camper using our neighbors water with no air in his lines . While the tech had our access panel removed from our hot water heater , water sprayed across our camper floor ? His response was this is normal when you hook up your water to the city water hookup . He wiped up the spill and continues to insist our well is the problem even though he personally witnessed my neighbors water running as smooth as the water in your home sink with absolutely no air in the lines . He made a last ditch effort by replacing our city water inlet valve but we still have air in our lines enough to make our faucets shake at the kitchen sink . We also found water under our kitchen sink on the floor but again he found no leaks ? He also tried our fresh holding tank ' noting that the new rv monitor was stuck on empty ?
And further filling of our tank until water ran out the inlet fill noted we had a defective water pump that demonstrates the same air in line problem as our well water system/hookup ? We are new to rv'ing and extremely disappointed by the dealers inability to assess and repair our new rv plumbing problems . Further discussion with other rv dealers informed us the dealer we purchased our rv from has a poor record with service after the sale ! There are other concerns with this "new travel trailer" , 2012 Aerolite . But for now , I'm wondering if anyone had similar experience with their rv and is this fixable problem or are we just stuck with an expensive lemon ?

It sounds like a leak in the water system. Loose fitting somwhere. The rv monitor will only work for about 6 months after they fix it. Dealer makes a big difference in service but the problem runs much deeper. Most dealerships pay very little for service technicians. One dealer in our town pays his less than the starting wage at McDonalds. Good technicians usually get into other work. There is very little training except on your rig. Engineering in the Rv industry is so poor, dealer technicians have to reengineer them and that is pretty hard after the fact since most aren't qaulified or trained. My suggestion is to learn as much as possible yourself. Do as much of the work as you can. The Rv industry has not changed in the 35 years I have been Rving and it's doubtful it will change in the future.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-01-2012, 05:16 PM   #16

I'm new to using a forum for info . Frustration pushed me into sharing problems with our new expensive Aerolite . I 'm not expecting all to work with the same level of performance nor comfort of home and it makes sense that any tech with marketable skills may move on to a better career . I was just hoping for a better problem free product while it was new ! Anyway , I found the leak under the sink that the 2nd tech couldn't find . It appears there may be a crack in the plastic basin under the sink . I also tried to locate the source of the spray across my camper floor while hooking up the well water as stated by tech # 2 . Unable to duplicate this leak ? Anyway , they want me to bring it in to replace the water pump and fix the leak in the sink ? I was only planning on towing it a short distance for winter storage , now I need to go over 100 miles for warranty service as they refuse to tow it in for warranty repairs . If your vehicle is rated at 6400 max tow and the dry wt is 6130 # , how safe is this for your vehicle ?
I plan on removing all we added in the frig , cleaning supplies , etc . Along with draining all fluids and I do have a Reese Straightline weight distribution system along with a prodigy 2 brake controller . Also , unable to find a mobile service for on site repairs . No local Dutchman Dealers and other dealers complain they have been unsuccessful getting reimbursed by Dutchman ?
john74 is offline   Reply With Quote