Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-13-2012, 04:29 PM   #15

We have a 2013 Dutchmen Denali 287re TT. Great floor plan with 3 slides, island kitchen, 50 amp svc and 2 AC's. We only took it out once so far but all went well. This is our 3rd TT. I would say it a great trailer but I do agree that storage is a bit lacking. I really like the frameless windows in it and having a full sized king bed that slides out leaving plenty of walk around room in the bedroom. Remote control awning, slides, outside light, stabilizers make setup a breeze. 10 gallon hot h2o heater and 10cf fridge is also a big plus for us. We even had it built with a fireplace in it for the winter trips. Happy with it do far.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-13-2012, 05:21 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear25314
We have a 2013 Dutchmen Denali 287re TT. Great floor plan with 3 slides, island kitchen, 50 amp svc and 2 AC's. We only took it out once so far but all went well. This is our 3rd TT. I would say it a great trailer but I do agree that storage is a bit lacking. I really like the frameless windows in it and having a full sized king bed that slides out leaving plenty of walk around room in the bedroom. Remote control awning, slides, outside light, stabilizers make setup a breeze. 10 gallon hot h2o heater and 10cf fridge is also a big plus for us. We even had it built with a fireplace in it for the winter trips. Happy with it do far.
Damn that sounds like a really nice rig! I wouldn't mind seeing some pics of that inside and out if you get the chance/time and don't mind? Not sure I can picture the frameless windows on a camper. So the slides and stabilizers are remote control also???

1996 Ram 3500 Cummins dually highly modified
Bigblue12v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:28 PM   #17

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We have a Dutchmen. We like it. I really question driving 250 miles with full tank. Really, there wasn't any water closer to your destination? I think we usually fill up when we reach our camp area. If you find out why it fell out you may have recourse with Dutchmen, ie were some braces missing, or bolts loose, or is there evidence it just broke? You need to have someone look at it, and take pictures to document what happened. Don't just give up. Be informed and let them know you won't quit.
JudyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:44 PM   #18

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2372581675.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	420.0 KB
ID:	23479

Here's a couple of pictures of the inside. I don't feel that it's a "low end" trailer myself. To each his own...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-171955113.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	383.3 KB
ID:	23478  
Old 07-13-2012, 09:45 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear25314

Here's a couple of pictures of the inside. I don't feel that it's a "low end" trailer myself. To each his own...
These are a couple pictures of the inside of pie model I got off the web site.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:00 PM   #20

That is sweeeet!!!!! I thought mine was roomy!

1996 Ram 3500 Cummins dually highly modified
Bigblue12v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:10 PM   #21

Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Bear - I agree. I don't think my 14ft. is "low end" either. Looking at similar 14ft. models, my Dutchmen has a few "extra" things that make it really nice.

Mine has a headboard and, (for lack of a better word) a sideboard under the front window when the dinette is in bed mode -perfect for books, cell phone, Kleenex box, b-pap machine, eyeglasses etc. There are five outlets - another person mentioned that their 14ft. unit had two outlets. The wardrobe doors are mirrored which enhance the illusion of spaciousness. My wardrobe is not floor to ceiling, so the TV goes on top which frees up the kitchen counter.

But as you say, to each his/her own and I am sure everyone would like to think their choice is the best. I am happy with my little Dutchmen TT.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:43 PM   #22

Solo Rvers Club
I too will highly disagree with it being a low quality entry level i have a 1995 30ft classic it is plywood constructed no particle has 2x3 wall studs where most are 2x2 and has served me well now that might not be the case with the Dutchman Lite but mine is well constructed and very heavy weighs in at 7100 lbs empty.

That being said buy what you feel comfortable with as it is all just an opinion you couldn't give me a Ford or Dodge either but that doesn't make them bad i just don't like them if and when i by another pull behind i would defiantly consider another Dutchman if i were looking at a 5th wheel i love the looks of the Montana.

Steve
Old 07-13-2012, 11:51 PM   #23

Solo Rvers Club
Well i will assume he has already decided and then some since this thread was started on 05
Old 07-14-2012, 04:55 AM   #24

Maybe he's still thinking about it....
Old 07-14-2012, 07:55 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear25314 View Post
Attachment 23479

Beautiful! The 20 to 24' ones we looked at looked nothing like this TT.
Old 07-14-2012, 08:17 PM   #26

This is a Dutchmen Denali. We were told that the Denali line was their higher end line. We really do like it so so far. Pulls great too for its size (36ft). I backed it into our campsite like a pro the first time out with it last week. Had just about the whole campground watching (major "man" moment since I really don't know how that happened lol).
Old 08-08-2012, 01:24 AM   #27

Dutchmen (Coleman) TT

We purchased a 2012 Coleman 289RL on June 16. From day one, I noticed that the top decal on the front cap was bubbled and I asked the dealer to address it. They took it off and discovered that the fiberglass was delaminating. A new cap has been ordered and awaiting arrival at the dealership. On a camping trip this past weekend, I noticed the same thing happening on the side of the trailer. That will have to be addressed as well. I agree that there is no cabinet or drawer space to speak of in these things. The quality of construction is something to be desired. I have had to install a third table leg to steady the table and small fold down legs so that the table top doesn't "flip" out of the rails when my daughter gets on it when it's turned into a bed. This happened the first time we took it out so I had to modify it so that she wouldn't get hurt getting in/out of bed. The flip down legs on the sofa bed made cuts and impressions in the linoleum so I ended up putting on felt tips and we also put down small squares of carpet when the sofa bed is opened. The lid at the bottom of the master bed didn't have a prop so when it was opened, you had to literally had to use your head to take things out or put things in or have someone else hold it open for you. I ended up putting on pneumatic props so that it will hold itself open. The two flip up cabinet doors over the sofa don't have props to hold them open so you have the same issue there. The thermostat had to be replaced three times as the first two would not work if the TT was too hot. The AC would not go on at all. The AC is undersized for this unit as it takes forever to cool it down to where it's even somewhat comfortable and in 90 degree weather while we were in Bakersfield for the night; it never turned off. There are staples sticking out everywhere that I had to reseat and cover with a touch up stick for furniture. The paneling above the bed and trim around the headboard has pulled away from the wall. That will be addressed when the new cap is installed. I'm sure as will all the manufacturers, not just Dutchmen, they used components made in china on this unit. The stabilizer jacks, A frame, water pump, converter/charger, tongue jack and I'm sure much more we don't see are all made in china. No wonder so many American companies have gone out of business and American jobs lost to overseas suppliers.... It's a disgrace.
Overall, we are sorry we purchased this Coleman (Dutchmen) product and would advise anyone else considering to look carefully at the construction of all brands available out there before making a choice.