Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-19-2012, 06:37 PM   #1

Earthbound

The original thread was too old to post to but maybe some of the posters will find this.

I haven't been on here for quite a while. We still have our Earthbound Goldenridge. We spent almost all of this year in it. Jan we went to Miss. for a month, then AL for a month, two weeks in FL, 10 days in 3 places in GA, TN 3 days, KY 3 days, then back to Ohio for 2 weeks. Took about a month off at home and then 10 weeks in three different parks in Southern Ohio. The new bedroom fan quit working just like the original one. The 30 gal fresh water holding tank would only let us use 18 gals. and then it would start sucking air. Worst of all, with the "engineered" frame ours has developed tail sag. The road side back, kitchen, sags. I'll need to get it in somewhere this winter and see if they can fix the frame (biggest problem), water tank and replace the ShurFlo fan with a Fantastic fan. Earthbound had the trailer from May 31st 2011 until December 2011 replacing both walls. Only after going to the Indiana Attorney General did we get results. While we were on the road we had several problems and they shipped us replacement parts right away. Fortunately it was things I could replace myself. If you own one take the set screw out on the worthless omni antenna and put some blue lock tight on it or it may fall off like ours did. They did give us a new battery for having it for so long and they installed an on demand hot water heater without asking us first. It's ok but I liked my 10 gal tank heater. The on demand broke and we had to take it to Cincinnati, OH to the water heater factory to get it fixed. They fixed it for free but it did come out that Earthbound stiffed them for it. The new side walls are nice. They look better than the original and are supposed to be stronger. Just leaves the roof and we would practically have a new trailer as they had previously replaced the floor. I've sent Bill Hughes email, he's the warranty guy, and tried calling but can not get anyone at the factory, just the answering machine. We pray we can keep ours fixed as we like camping in it and still owe way too much on it to trade. The couch isn't the most comfortable thing in the world and the mattress sucks. Need to get a new one before this summer. We got a three inch foam topper and it helped some but...Don't know if Earthbound is still in business and it doesn't matter. They refused to do any more warranty work even though we have until Aug of next year until our warranty runs out. The warranty is one reason I bought it. Live and learn....or not I guess. With all we've been through with it there is no way I could recommend one to anyone. If you buy a used one, there are some good places in Elkhart, IN that can do just about anything to them. I'm going to check with Holman Motors in Batavia, OH just before Cincinnati on route 32. Had work done there on my original 5th wheel and they do good work and seem happy you chose them.
Check out EB owners' forum on Facebook. There were only about 160 EBs of any model built so there aren't many out there. Wish I knew how to contact all the owners but I doubt Earthbound would release their contacts. Maybe not even legal.
I spent several days washing and waxing mine at the end of the season. The roof looked gray/black before and great afterwards. The walls are like mirrors. I have a picture with my Mom's pink roses reflecting in the wall.
I agree, they sit way too low but haven't asked anyone yet if they think they could raise it. Very difficult sometimes to drain tanks.
Knock on wood, our fridge has worked well except the seal fell off and had to be fixed. Yes, the roof top A/C doesn't work all that great and we're on our second one. Feel free to contact me here or on FB at EB owners' forum. Happy camping.
rgarlits is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-19-2012, 08:31 PM   #2

re: warranty; Some years ago a woman on the Escapees.com forums had a 5er with all sorts of problems. The mfgr. seemed to be in the same class as what you describe. She kept detailed records, emails, snail mails, phone records, etc. After about a year+ of that, she finally got the mfgr. in a corner, and got a new replacement 5er for her "lemon". She didn't come right out and say that because of a gag clause in the agreement, but when she said she was happy with the final outcome and was hitting the road, we all knew what happened.
It's no consolation, but I know another couple with a lemon TT of a different brand. Seems the mfgr, didn't put any cross-braces in between the frame rails except for in front where the tongue is welded, and that came loose.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:29 AM   #3
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Old threads may be replied to, just check the box in the warning.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Old Thread.png
Views:	104
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	29333

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote