Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-16-2011, 02:03 PM   #1

Earthbound RV Core Values & Beliefs

I find it interesting that on the day EBRV removed the discussion topics from their FB page, that they also removed their "Core Values & Beliefs" from their website. Based on all of the trouble they are having keeping their consumers satisfied, I guess they decided to take them away from public consumption. Makes me say "Hmmmm..."

Anyway, they used to available here; http://www.earthboundrv.com/about-us/, but you can see the page has been removed. If you do a quick Google search, you'll see this page as the #1 result.

The good thing about the internet is that while people may try and cover their tracks, they usually forget all of the paths that they have taken on their journey. Low and behold, wouldn't you know it that EBRV had a little blog at one time (haven't posted to it for 6 months) where they posted these same Core Values & Beliefs. They are as follows About Earthbound Recreational Vehicles « Earthbound RV Blog;
  • We will be morally and ethically driven in our activities.
  • We will seek to manufacture products that meet or exceed our customers’ expectations.
  • We will commit ourselves to the highest quality standards in all aspects of our business.
  • We value our team of competent, reliable and creative people.
  • We will continually strive to be an industry leader by seeking to use new and technologically advanced materials, techniques and creative designs.
So, I wonder how the Earthbound owners feel the company is doing at living and exhibiting their Core Values & Beliefs?

Words... without action are nothing more than just words.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2011, 02:22 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
I'm not sure what your post is about, other then they changed thier FB page...maybe they were being spammed to death...I have a question..do you own one and are not happy? They have a beautifull product and just today annouced a new plant site and are HIRING....I don't work for them..just noticed your post. The link to thier site is below. Peace...D

In The News | Earthbound RV

Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Dixieray53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 02:23 PM   #3

I admit our EB is cool as **** looking.... but too many defects and poor....strike that.... HORRIBLE customer service.

It will catch up to them....
jfletcher72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 02:39 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixieray53 View Post
I'm not sure what your post is about, other then they changed thier FB page...maybe they were being spammed to death...
Ha! Sure they were. I didn't realize that when an unsatisfied customer expresses their story it's considered spam. The great thing about FB is that it is a 2-way conversation, whereby the company can respond to unsatisfied customers. Guess what... they didn't.

Quote:
I have aquestion..do you own one and are not happy?
I do not own one. I have been conducting due diligence on the company.

Quote:
They have a beautifull product...
Yes they do have a beautiful product. Unfortunately, beautiful design has no correlation to quality manufacturing.

Quote:
...just today annouced a new plant site and are HIRING
Ummm... no, that announcement was made EXACTLY 18 MONTHS AGO! I believe many of those that were hired have been laid off for a few weeks now when the factory stopped production.
Old 08-16-2011, 03:06 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Opps my bad...but you are really mad....if you aren't going to buy one...why the energy being used....I did'nt mean to P### you off...I was being curious...Sorry.
Old 08-16-2011, 03:36 PM   #6

Quote:
Opps my bad...but you are really mad....if you aren't going to buy one...why the energy being used....I did'nt mean to P### you off...I was being curious...Sorry.
No harm, no foul.

The energy comes from not liking companies that fail to take care of their consumers. It's important when people are about the spend a large sum of cash that they see as complete a picture of the company as possible they are about to do business with.
Old 08-16-2011, 03:51 PM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Now you got me....Why this company...there are tons of people doing bad things to alot of people. This seems personal. Employee? Vendor? Dealer? Stock holder? Sorry my mind likes to wander...So I rarely let it out of my site....D
Old 08-16-2011, 04:18 PM   #8

Quote:
Sorry my mind likes to wander...So I rarely let it out of my site....D
You're funny Dixieray!

It's not personal at all. I'm not an employee, vendor, dealer, or stock holder. Just a concerned citizen about a brand of TT I've been researching.
Old 08-16-2011, 04:20 PM   #9

If you don't like the product, don't buy it. Simple as that.
dagray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 01:36 PM   #10

Earthbound RV appeared on the scene with their initial 2010 model travel trailers. Their claim to fame was their "European styling" and the use of 100% composite materials (no wood products).

Before I retired from my local RV dealer, We signed on with Earthbound. They had plans to build a large dealer network. However, they could not deliver enough units fast enough for the market.

Now, they have notified dealers of their intent to change their business model. At least, that's what I was told. Instead of a large dealer network they wanted only 6 dealers throught the US.

Their website now indicates a change to "factory direct" more or less. It appears that customers can design their own rigs by choosing from options and floorplans on the website.

I'm guessing here, but I think they intend to deliver custom ordered units to one of the proposed 6 US dealers for prep and customer delivery.

They have also announce a $20k increase in retail pricing!

I think they will either survice as a boutique - low output manufacturer or they have swallowed a poison pill that will take them to la-la land in the near future.

Fulltimers! - Currently in Gainesville, FL - working as Webmaster & Special Projects Manager
Digital Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 02:02 PM   #11

Thanks for the perspective Digital Boy. And, congrats on the transition from RV Pro to Digital Master and full-time RVer!

I bet Gainesville is an awesome location for the upcoming months of college football. Good luck to your Gators!
Old 08-17-2011, 03:38 PM   #12

OOPS!

OOPS! I think I have to update my signature. I haven't fulltimed since 10/09. I just have to remember how to edit my profile.

Fulltimers! - Currently in Gainesville, FL - working as Webmaster & Special Projects Manager
Digital Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 05:22 PM   #13
GPW

You don't see any other RV manufacturers posting such noble claims... Apparently others only claim is PROFIT, no such high morals ... Nice try to at least consider doing it the right way ... even if they didn't ... Not even Congress does that ..
Old 08-19-2011, 05:30 PM   #14

Going "boutique" and pricing their product at or above the Airstream line is ... well, to be nice, let's say a bold business strategy in this economy. Obviously marketing in the $40-$50K range wasn't working for them. Too bad. A beautiful product, but it may be very tough to find buyers for an $80K+ trailer. At that price, I'm looking at some nice motorhomes. Hope they make it though. The people working at the factory had already lost jobs because of the auto industry collapse.