Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-03-2013, 07:33 PM   #1

Electric stablizer jacks

Hello all. Have been reading many threads. Thanks for everyone for your posts very helpful. Wife a I out for the first weekend in our new Winnabago TT.
First issue front electric stablizer jacks had an issue as we where at our check out. Tech checked it out and said bad connection. Well ok.
First time we are using them back set is fine. Front starts to go down then quits. Wont go up or down. Checked all connections and have power. Either defective motor or switch i my best guess. Rainning right now so will have to swap switchs or motors with the rear in the morning.
If anyone knows of anything else i could check before i go that far thanks.
This is my first post and only have my phone with me so i hope it posts in the correct forum.
Thanks again.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-04-2013, 09:55 AM   #2

What I would do, is just start at the motor and go backwards. See at what point you regain power. Then that is the bad component.
You can always cut the motor wires and put 12V directly to the motor. If it goes down, just reverse the leads and it'll go up.

Old 05-04-2013, 09:59 AM   #3

I ran a cable direct from the battery to the motor this morning. Nothing.
Need to get with dealer and see if he needs the whole unit or will just send me a motor. Figure he will want to check it out.
Thanks
Old 05-04-2013, 10:43 AM   #4

Dang, that's bad. Does the motor act like it's bound up or just nada?
You should be able to manually crank it up still.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:09 AM   #5

Motor just nada. Did not see there was a backup crank untill the morning. That makes it ok to deal with. Could care less about the electric jacks but will get them to work. Have an electric awning also. Jury is still on that. Liked the old types that could be tied down. Will have to see whar i can modify on this one to make it stable.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:10 PM   #6

Heard from dealer today. Took him the motor and new one came in. Taking TT in tomorrow and let the dealer install and fix the other odds and ends.
Then off to camp for the 3 day weekend just going up the road to the Okeechobee waterway will be good to get away and chill.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:31 PM   #7

I've had a couple problems with ours, one the ground came off at the frame and the other was this spring, the back one wouldn't move. Penetrating oil and the hand crank freed it.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:22 AM   #8

Thanks for the post. Dealer replaced motor and it is good to go now. Not sure why a new motor would be bad but was replaced under warranty. Hand crank seems pretty easy to use on these jacks. I would have been fine with these jacks without being eclectic. Standard jacks seem just as easy to use anyway but these where already on form the manufacture.
Next issues i found this weekend was one window cam off the track and had to drill out the rivets and repair myself. No big deal. Don't want to go back to the dealer if I don't have to. Seems they fix something and break something else. Also had the dealer fix the TV outlets not working right and put down the antenna and when i got home I could see it was not resting correctly. It looks like the arrow inside is not in the correct location and put a hole in the bar of the antenna. I will take some pictures and show the dealer. Also had the dealer repair the electric awning that had a motor recall. And now the out side led light strip doesn't work. Already removed that and repaired it and will re-install it, they broke a wire.
Just don't want to keep going back to the dealer. I had an appointment last week for Thursday and they didn't even start anything until Friday at noon.
I don't think they would have even gotten done then if i didn't stop by every few hours. Went by at noon on Friday and still had not moved the TT. had to tell them I was leaving at 4 pm to go on a trip was the only way to light a fire under them. Next time I will go back is only if I am not going camping for a few weeks. The place is so busy with them getting new units ready after they are sold and the few units in for service. Looks like they have a gold mine going.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:15 PM   #9

No offense, but it's very aggravating when people come in a day before they are leaving and want it right away. Then they get upset that it's not done.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:50 PM   #10

Dealer set the day not me. I was there on the day of the appiontment before they opened. Then did not start on my unit until the next day.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:42 AM   #11

Well that's different, but I'm just saying in general.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:58 PM   #12

My electric stabilizers are really easy to operate. An 18 volt drill does the job.