Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-08-2019, 02:25 PM   #1

Energy Upgrade to 2018 Jayco Hummingbird 17RK

First I added an extra exterior storage space/hatch left of curb entrance similar to the 2019 models. Should be like a 2019 now. Actually purchased it like new with the rubber 'ticks' on the tires! It has all options except bicycle carrier and Canadian specs.

2. Added 4 more hose carrier tubes (5" PVC), 20n rear bumper and two under frame next to Black and Gray waste.

3. Added storage tray between cookout arm and spare tire.

4. Upgraded single 20# LPG tank to dual 20# tanks.

Energy Phase

1. Upgraded to Dual HD 6V AGM batteries, isolation switches, proper fuses, 4/0 battery cable.

2. Built a drawer-like 100% slide out panel for mounting new electrics. Mounted:

A. PD-9280 converter (backup). Replaced WFCO panel with larger 30/50 amp dist. panel (no converter).

B. AIMS 4KW Inverter/Charger/Auto Switch.

C. Renogy Commander 40 Solar Controller with (2) solar panels on roof.

D. Misc monitoring displays on panel and in kitchen area.

My question is: I had back surgery and I need help to finish the project. Does any know of a someone who I could hire to complete this project. Estimated less than 1 week to complete. I can bring camper to him. I have drawings etc. to assist plus I'll be available as well. I can not find any one who is free to take on project. It's been 6 months. Remaining work is installing the electrical drawer panel and mount devices/wire, solar panels on roof.

BTW ... liberaal are the weight and loading specs on Jayco camper trailers? I am a little concerned about how much extra weight I am adding!

feel free to contact me anytime.

Billy & Maggie
grievousange is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-08-2019, 11:13 PM   #2

What general geographic area are you located?
IBTripping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 10:06 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by grievousange View Post

BTW ... liberaal are the weight and loading specs on Jayco camper trailers? I am a little concerned about how much extra weight I am adding!

feel free to contact me anytime.

Billy & Maggie
The Jayco should have a loading sticker near the front outside of the TT. Mine is on driver's side front side. I have seen them on the front "A" frame. Tire specs are usually there also.
Persistent is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jayco, upgrade