Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-12-2013, 07:40 AM   #1

Essentials

Whats your essentials list that you make sure you have/bring before every outing?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-12-2013, 09:07 AM   #2

We keep our essentials in the trailer. When it is time to go, all we need to do is load food and clothes and we are ready. The essentials I keep in the trailer include (but not limited to):

Weber Q grill
2 Burner propane stove
Canopy
Leveling and set up stuff like blocks, hoses, chocks, drain hose, extension cords, took kit, etc.
Table cover and bag chairs.
bradnailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:47 AM   #3

Whenever I try to develop a list like this I envision myself through the day and what I will do. For example:

Wake up, wash up = alarm clock, bathroom essentials, towels, soap, etc
Drink a cup of tea = mugs, tea bags
Have breakfast = bowls, spoons, napkins
etc, etc, etc....

Good luck, and over the years I have found we pack less and less so don't be alarmed if your first few times out you seem crammed with "stuff". You will quickly learn what you don't need!
Smithers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:31 PM   #4

Jayco Owners Club
Spare tire checked with all others
jack
tools
spare hub and bearings (lubed and ready)
grease gun and spare cartridge
flashlight and spare batteries
spare lp bottle
leveling blocks
tire guage
jumper cables
4-way lug wrench
spare fuses, bulbs, etc.
fly-fishing gear and waders
radio controlled gliders and all support equipment
movies (Outlaw Josey Wales, Lonesome Dove, Little Big Man, etc)
all the extraneous stuff DW wants to pack

... and I'm ready to go...
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:08 PM   #5

Good list so far. Just imagine what you will need, to do all you want to, from towing, to setting up, to adventures while there (hiking shoes for hiking, poles for fishing), basic cleaning supplies needed to keep camper clean and tidy during your stay.

Essential for me is a little adult beverage for the good times, and a good couple flashlights, because anything gonna go wrong usally happens at night.
NFlcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:36 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradnailer View Post
We keep our essentials in the trailer. When it is time to go, all we need to do is load food and clothes and we are ready.
Ditto. The durable goods stay in the camper. 50-foot 30-amp extension cord. adapters (30-amp to 15 amp and vice versa, 50 amp to 30 amp, etc.), wheel chocks, leveling blocks, tools and jacks, jack base, flashlight(s), cutlery, "silverware", can opener, "church key" bottle opener, etc.

Non perishables like paper towels, toilet paper, flashlight batteries, paper "picnic" supplies such as plates, bowls, and cups, we inventory just before we leave - then maybe stop at a Wal-Mart on the road and stock up.

Perishables such as milk, bread, soup and sandwich and salad and breakfast food we usually buy on the road or after we reach our destination.

I'm officially a diabetic now, so I'm not allowed more than one beer a day, so I no longer have a 30-pack on my essestials list.
Grumpy ole man with over 60 years towing experience. Now my heaviest trailer is a 7'x16' 5,000-pound flatbed utility trailer, my tow vehicle is a 2019 F-150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost SuperCab with Max Tow (1,904 pounds payload capacity).
SmokeyWren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:01 PM   #7

good battery booster pack, not only for the tow vehicle, but you can run your tt accessories overnight if the trailer batter fails