Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-18-2015, 10:40 AM   #1

European styling TT

Hey just wondering if anyone has seen the new style TTs with large front windows etc. They look far more European in style but on a grander scale.
I'm not sure which manufacturers offer this style.
Englishman01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-18-2015, 03:38 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Haven't see the new ones. But, I remember that, at one time, all travel trailers had front windows. Airstream still does.
Pricejh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 06:49 AM   #3

If you do a web search for RVs in Europe, Austalia and New Zealand, you'll discover a lot of interesting units. They tend to be much brighter and lighter inside which contrasts greatly with the current trend for darker wood in American RVs. If you look at units made in Germany, you see some real innovative engineering. Most foreign made RVs tend to be smaller, they seem to really work on creative use of space.

Our Sunline had lighter shade oak woodwork and it really helped to keep the interior bright. Some American companies have made units with white or very light cabinet/trim work, but it seems like they weren't popular with consumers. So, for some time, the dominant trend has been darker stained wood in campers, and in smaller units (such as ours), it can make them darker than they have to be and using brighter colors would make the interior look a little larger...IMHO.
Brake Buddy, 2015 Chevy Malibu
scbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 07:44 AM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Lance Trailers are the closest I've seen to European style, with more modern interiors and usually a front window.
brulaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 11:34 AM   #5

Check out the Oliver travel trailers.
That's about as Euro as I've seen in the US.
TDI-Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 11:08 AM   #6

Thanks all. I like the look of the Lance but they are not as big as I would like. My Primetime tracer is 26' and it would be nice to find something a couple of foot longer so we can get a sofa. We have to be careful with weight as my TV us a VW Tourareg which can pull 7700lbs.
Old 03-21-2015, 02:28 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Englishman01 View Post
Thanks all. I like the look of the Lance but they are not as big as I would like. My Primetime tracer is 26' and it would be nice to find something a couple of foot longer so we can get a sofa. We have to be careful with weight as my TV us a VW Tourareg which can pull 7700lbs.
I pulled my Winnebago with our Touareg V10TDI. You really can't go any bigger because the hitch weight on these trailers loaded is just too much. Especially if you look at the payload capacity with you and the family and gear in the Treg.
Keep in mind that the advertised hitch weight is way low because it is an empty weight and does not include the house battery, propane tanks or the hitch itself.
Old 03-22-2015, 08:43 AM   #8

Evergreen Elements are very European looking on the outside. Fairly generic inside.
Element - Evergreen Recreational Vehicles, LLC. - Manufacturer of Green eco-friendly Everlite RVs
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 10:08 PM   #9

Outdoors RV Owners Club
My previous TT had a window on front and I miss that window for keeping an eye on the truck.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 10:39 AM   #10

I'm thinking of taking a look at the lance. I think the bed converts into a sofa??? Which if so would work well for us.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:06 AM   #11

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
I'm thinking of taking a look at the lance. I think the bed converts into a sofa??? Which if so would work well for us.
Yes, I've seen one of the smaller models with that feature. Really opens up the space.

We looked at Lance for a long time and really appreciated the quality of the construction and 4-season capability (insulated tanks and double-pane window option).

But we ended not getting one for several reasons:
- built too close to the ground with a light weight frame, not really off road capable.
- ceiling not high enough, shower too cramped (I'm over 6' so ...)
- non-ducted air conditioning. Had that in our old trailer and really didn't like it. Too loud and localized.

Otherwise, we liked them.
brulaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 06:03 AM   #12

Quote:
This is a great feature if designed well. Our queen bed flips up into a sofa. You can do it one handed.
There are also some floorplans that replace the dinette with a sofa and give you a removable table to eat at. Another nice feature because you can also set that table up outside and it really opens up the living space.
Old 04-07-2015, 12:23 PM   #13

I agree the new Evergreen lite is a nice lite trailer. evergreen just purchased the skyline RV division also.
Skyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 12:41 PM   #14

Jayco Owners Club
The Aviator released by Forest River about 2012 was a really neat looking TT... but they were very pricey... I believe they only built about 70 of them. There are still some on dealers lots... and they are bargains. They are also orphans, and good luck getting parts. I looked at buying one last year and just couldn't make myself take that chance.
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote