Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-18-2011, 08:19 PM   #1

Ever lite

Just bought a new evergreen everlite tt does anyone have any experience with that brand
Gumshoe

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2011, 10:36 PM   #2

They are so new to the scene that there are probably few people here with any experience.

05 Arctic Fox 22H
Randy the sly old fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:46 PM   #3

Everlite

Attached below is the owners group. Have not been on the site in a few weeks. Most of the owners seem to like them. Prior to 2010 there seems to have been a roof leak problem where the front and rear caps joined the roof panel.

We have looked at them (and Earthbound) for several years. Do not like the lack of storage and the few windows. To dark for us. New and larger slides should help.

Also can't (couldn't) get electric heaters on the water, black and gray tanks. We wished to extend the seasons with the unit and did not feel that the ducted lines, from the furnace, in the belly would be sufficient.

Great weight for pulling with a small (er) tow vehicle.

Hope this helps!
Tom

evergreenrecreationalvehicles : Evergreen Recreational Vehicles
Old 03-22-2011, 06:34 AM   #4

I just traded my Evergreen 31DS TT for a 32RSL-5 Fifth wheel, due to liking the layout much better. I had the TT for about 6 months and took it out on 5 trips. Absolutely loved it! Extremely well made with some cool features not found on other TT's. Dealing with Evergreen for any issues or questions was a pleasure, The salesman John I spoke with was very nice and followed up with e-mails, an unusual experience these days!
Old 03-22-2011, 06:57 AM   #5
GPW

Evergreens use no wood ... Is that true ??
Old 03-22-2011, 06:08 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPW
Evergreens use no wood ... Is that true ??
Yes that is true, it is an excellent tt just drove 3000 miles with mine no problems and it is brand new
Old 03-22-2011, 07:03 PM   #7
ccc

Purchased our 31EVERGREEN TT last summer and have over 13,000 miles on it and really like it. Pulls great with a Ford F 250 and an Equalizer Four Point hitch. Even in the high winds of N and S Dakota last summer-----for days on end.

NO wood that is true and good features, the new units reportedly use LED lamps and that is good.

The only wood is real wood in the cabinets that are very well done.
Our water heater is gas or electric and the belly is heated by the furnace to protect the tankage.

We leave for Alaska next mo and that will be a 15,000 mile trip

Evergreen RV Owners Group
ccc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 06:48 PM   #8

Charles...I have enjoyed your postings on the Yahoo owners site...thanks for your good inputs there..

I am interested in exactly the unit you have..the 31RLS.......it weighs about 5100 lbs empty..according to Evergreen.

I have an F-150 5.4L with Equalizer hitch, and Ford tow package. Do you think I would have any problem towing with that TV? The tow rating is 7800 lbs, but I do have 20" tires..so would have to derate that to about 7000 lbs.

I should finish by saying that it's only wife and I, and we do not carry a lot with us.....500-1000 lbs, maybe. Thanks.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:26 PM   #9
ccc

Husk,

I am not really qualified to asses whether or not your tow vehicle is adequate. From the discussion in the EVERGREEN Owners Group one person is changing from 20 ich wheels to gain proper capacity.(I think for a 31.) Are you a member of that list? The link is in my signature box. Check the archive for that thread on towing.
I do know of a few who are towing the 31 in various configurations with a F 150.
Check carefully the ratings on all and see if you fall within the parameters.

Good luck and ck here and our Yahoo group, there are a number of 31 owners in the Yahoo group so you should be able to get good input on your questions.

CCC

Old 04-04-2011, 04:00 PM   #10

Thanks Charles, my truck tow rating is 7700 lbs. The larger radius wheels are in effect like changing the gear ratio in the differential. My back of envelope calculation says I should derate that tow capacity by about 800 lbs......that means a tow rating of 6900 lbs. The UVW, according to the Evergreen site is about 5400lbs.

Total added weight would then have to be not greater than 1500 lbs. We pack lightly...plastic utensils, plates, etc...limited clothing changes..every thing we pack, we are conscious of weight.

I will pose another question to you.....does the weight Evergreen reports take into account all the options from the factory? In other words...is the weight measurement taken as the unit rolls out to the dealer/customer?

Have you ever weighed yours unloaded? Thanks.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:39 AM   #11
ccc

Husk,
Sounds like you are in the ball park.
As I understand the published wt in the brochures is net of the options, that is options are not included as each TT would be different. Contact EVERGREEN direct and ask the questions per each option. they have been very good about answering such questions.
We are somewhat careful of wt but do not obcess. No we have not weighed but I am sure that we are well within limits, note the tow veh and hitch setup that we have.
From your description of your packing intent---sounds good.

I would suggest that you pose some specific questions to the EVERGREEN list, address below, and someone should have some answers for you.
CCC

Old 06-02-2011, 09:05 AM   #12

Hi Husk.
New to the group and just saw your post.
I have the 2010 31RLS which I use primarily for dry camping in the Adirondacks.
I pull to and from central NJ about 7 hours each way. My TV is a 2010 Nissan Armada w/5.6L and air leveling and I use a Reese equalizer with sway control. My totally loaded weight is about 7000 lbs (weighed loaded on truck scale) which is well within the Armada's stated limits. However, tongue weight is the main concern for me. The TT has it's biggest storage units all to the front of the axels, particularly the pass thru and the under bed storage unit. To keep under the 900 lb limit I do a couple of things: 1. distribute (secure)temporary loads to rear or over axels (ie. things that I unload at campground like generator, BBQ, house batteries (usually 2 or 3 group 31 Gels), bikes, screenroom, etc). 2. keep load in Armada as low as possible (usually just myself, wife, camera gear, and our kayaks on top).
I verify tongue weight with a portable tongue weight scale and move things if necessary.

My towing experience has been pretty good, except for the time my wife navigated us through NY Amish country on the way home in order to pick up a kitten, where I had my first experience with a K-turn at an intersection of 2 single lane roads with ditches on both sides and a first gear pull up a steep grade for about 10 mins.

I'm sure you'll be fine with your rig if you pay attention to the tongue weight.

Jim
Old 06-06-2011, 07:53 AM   #13

Husk,
No experience with Evergreen, but as to your 20" wheels--if you like the trailer and want to tow it, then an option is to get a second set of tires/wheels (17"?) in LT rating to use to tow. Expensive, sort of, but gets you in a better situation to tow.
Joe
Old 06-22-2011, 08:58 PM   #14

Gumshoe, congratulations, and good luck with it. I was really interested in the Evergreen and Earthbound units. Passed on both for a traditional unit due to layout requirements. On the Ever Lite, I really wanted to like it, but after looking at it, my wife said "No way". The issues: crush gasket along the top of the slide out was completely detached; the shower stall walls were detaching from the backer wall in several places; the counter top was scratched all over, like an orbital sander had been set down on it while while still spinning.

I hope your unit is better finished, but watch out for the first two problems, water issues even in a no-wood trailer can make bad mildew. Good luck.

Tags
ever-lite, evergreen, everlite