Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-19-2010, 01:40 AM   #15

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Thats interesting as Dexter does not recommend triple axle arrangements of their torsion axles.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2011, 06:30 AM   #16

Thumbs up Earthbound Dealer in MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjwolf View Post
Has anyone had the chance to compare, in person, the features of these two relatively new manufacturers. Have looked at the Ever-lite and like the construction and use of artificial materials, 3 year warranty, light weight and streamlining, one piece roof, high (er) end cabinets and nice floor plans, etc.

Cannot find a local Earthbound (MN) dealer to do a comparison. On line brochures look great.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tom
Hi Tom,

I too am very interested in Earthbound; I found this dealer in MN:

Hilltop Trailer Sales | New & Used RVs | MN RV Dealer

Here in FL the nearest dealer is about 265 mi. north. Do I hear "road trip!?"

Best,

Old 03-04-2011, 05:48 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyJC View Post
The fact that a number of the principals of the company came from a background with Dutchmen wouldn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy about Earthbound.

JM2CW....

Rusty
I'm new as they come to RVing...
Curious why former Dutchmen guys don't bring out your sweet side...Earthbound seems to be what I am looking for, but should it be???
Thanks!
Old 03-04-2011, 09:07 AM   #18

I commented earlier on this thread and since it's active again I thought I'd mention that the dealer where I saw both of these makes dropped the earthbound brand. I believe they had some issues with earthbound but don't know the specifics.

After a lot of looking and research we're glad we decided on a used Keystone Outback fifth wheel which we love.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:50 AM   #19
ccc

We have an EVERGREEN Owners Group, see the link below.
One of the members of the group is an EVERGREEN and EARTHBOUND dealer. He posted that, in his opinion, the EVERGREEN was a better unit for the money spent.

I note that EVERGREEN is priced somewhat higher than the run of the mill TT and that EARTHBOUND cost even more.

We have a 31RLS and really like it.

One thing that really sold us was the 18 inch deep slide v the very deep ones, actually would prefer no slides!
CCC

Evergreen RV Owners Group
ccc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:28 PM   #20

Smile earthbound vs evergreen

I have looked at both earthbound and evergreen. Earthbound is very impressive, light weight, great designs, 15' wheels, sealed floor, 3 lps, etc. But are you willing to pay $10k more for earthbound? I have not convinced myself it is worth the hype.

I will agree EB kitchen is not nice as Evergreen Lite. EB sinks are like bar sinks, cabinets are space age laminate, sleak inside. EB does have larger HVAC and a few more options standard. I am not sure either one has been out longer enough to be tested, EB for sure. Owners of EB rave about theirs.

With an extra $10k by buying Evergreen Lite you can do a lot of other things.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:31 PM   #21

You seem to know a lot about torsion bars...what is the down side of them? Not sure I even know what they do....
Old 06-15-2011, 12:43 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccc View Post
we researched many tt's and found that ever-lite seems by far the best constructed. Airstream and artic fox being two others. Evergreen's were the only tt that used no wood in the frame, walls, roof nor ceiling. Took delivery of a 31rls last week and go on the first cruise monday. Very impressed with the quality of the cabinet work and overall layout. Pulled it home 70 miles in a wind and no sway, using an equalizer hitch and my ford f 250 supercab 4 door.
Ccc

what is the dry weight of your trailer? We are considering a trailer as we have just sold our mh due to rising gas prices.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:52 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandc3 View Post
i'm new as they come to rving...
Curious why former dutchmen guys don't bring out your sweet side...earthbound seems to be what i am looking for, but should it be???
Thanks!

they make poor quality.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:41 PM   #24
ccc

For a description of how a TORSION BAR works see:

Torsion bar suspension - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

CCC

Old 06-17-2011, 12:29 AM   #25
ccc

Faye,
Our 2011 EVERGREEN 31RLS weighs 5,749 lbs dry.

We are now in our second summer with it and are satisfied, very, I should add. Pulled over 7,000 miles last summer. Did not leave till July 1 and have pulled just under 7,000 miles so far this summer, now in Alaska and will spend the summer here.
The light wt and our tow vehicle made the mountains a breeze. Ford F 250 Super Duty 4 door gasser.
In BC, Yukon Territory and Ak 7-9Percent grades often.
Oh, the roads have been really good, all the bad rumors have been exactly that bad rumors. ONE section of poor road and that is easily avoided, that is between Distruction Bay, Yukon and Tok, Ak, only 130 miles.

CCC

Tags
evergreen