Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-14-2016, 05:05 PM   #1

EVERGREEN ASCEND TT BHS 232 roof/wall leak

Just found a leak on inside of trailer in on the wall at a joint in the panels over one of the bunk beds....I have a 2015 of course with no warranty so here goes looking at the roof its a fiberglass panel bent down to form the rear wall. I looked at the penetrations on the roof and all look pretty good sealed with dicor? The only things I could find that seem to be not normal was one of the vent caps had the cover unjared I snapped it down and it appears normal and along seam where the roof meets the wall one part of the trim I could see was not caulked..

The rookie is wondering could water migration followed a path three feet in the wall and ran to a break in the foam wall insulation..I think I know the answer but was sick.

Now I know my wife will be mold WARY and plan to try and correct then may hopefully dry things up and take a mold test and mail it off.

What kind of structural foam did Evergreen use it doesn't absorb water does it.

Thanks
Tigerstripes is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2016, 10:01 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
water travels for sure. Put a fan on the wall, and dry it out.. should be fine provided you stopped the leak.

A lot of RV places also have leak detect system where they somehow put airflow inside and watch for where the air comes out.. it has a catchy name, just didn't catch it...

Leak something detection.... sounds like it could be a win for you though.
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
evergreen, leak, roof