Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-03-2014, 11:06 AM   #1

Jayco Owners Club
Evergreen Element

I ran across this travel trailer online the other day. It peaked my interest somewhat because it looks somewhat aerodynamic... thus possibly saving some fuel cost. As I looked further, I found I could not get much info as to how, or where they are built. They look nice... but...

Who knows about these? First hand info would be really nice. Thanks in advance.

schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-03-2014, 12:01 PM   #2

I heard they don't make that model anymore. Not enough demand. We did see them at one of the RV shows last year and thought they were really nice looking, but a little pricey for us and over our gvwr. They look alot like the European caravans. If you want to see some nice tt's just google 'european caravans' don't know why they can't make them like that here, they seem to be more aerodynamic, lighter and better built.

LittleHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 02:11 PM   #3

The web site is weird. When you go the look at the Element and scroll down, looking at the two different models, ones an RB and the other is an RL, but when you click on either it shows the same floor plan.
Old 02-03-2014, 03:51 PM   #4

Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumminsfan View Post
The web site is weird. When you go the look at the Element and scroll down, looking at the two different models, ones an RB and the other is an RL, but when you click on either it shows the same floor plan.
Hence my confusion... I kind of fell in love with the Aviator but I wouldn't buy one because FR doesn't make them anymore and soon won't be of any help with parts, (if not already). I ran across this thing and thought it might be an alternative. There's just not much on their site about how they are made. It's all glitz and smoke and mirrors. Looks like the US market just won't go for something that is built well, because the manufacturer will have to actually charge what they're worth, and compete with the cheaply made, thrown together stuff that prevails...
Old 02-03-2014, 04:57 PM   #5

Jayco Owners Club
OK... Never mind... these aren't being made anymore...
Old 02-06-2014, 06:54 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman View Post
OK... Never mind... these aren't being made anymore...
I just saw an Evergreen Element at the Virginia Beach RV show a couple of weeks ago. Very nice trailer with all aluminum structure instead of wood. Had an "expected" price in the mid-30's for the 28. I got the impression that this one was there for the show only. I think some of the confusion is from the fact that the Earthbound RV company went out of business last year. They were making one that looked very much like this Element. The designer of the Earthbound is the same fellow who designed the Element. Evergreen I'm sure has much deeper pockets. While Earthbound tried to remedy poor sales by raising prices into the stratosphere, Evergreen has scaled back some of the luxury to be able to sell it for a more reasonable price. The sales guy I talked to was from Scenic View RV in Williamsburg VA. They had a guy there from Evergreen as well. I agree the web site needs some work. It doesn't even show them as part of their dealer network.
Old 02-06-2014, 07:20 PM   #7

That is correct - Evergreen has taken over for Earthbound and are building the 'Element' again. I think they are doing it with a slightly better build process.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:07 PM   #8

Jayco Owners Club
Well... I spoke to a guy at Sutton RV in Oregon. He said the Element has been discontinued altogether. I didn't know that the Element was made prior by some other company. Maybe I spoke too soon. I think I'll try to contact Evergreen tomorrow directly.

Thanks for the info!
Old 02-09-2014, 07:16 PM   #9

Jayco Owners Club
I have emailed Evergreen twice and have gotten no response... I may try calling them tomorrow...
Old 02-11-2014, 11:10 PM   #10

Jayco Owners Club
What I found out...

I spoke to a marketing rep from Evergreen today. They have done some redesign work and are releasing the smaller model (26RBSS) to dealers. They are in production for the upcoming season. They are in the process of signing new dealers in several areas. The larger model, (28RLSS), will be released later. I spoke to him some about their website and I think they will try to make it more informative about how they're built, and give better specs, etc. I would possibly be interested in the larger model, depending on the price...

Just in case anyone is interested...
Old 02-12-2014, 10:23 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman View Post
I spoke to a marketing rep from Evergreen today. They have done some redesign work and are releasing the smaller model (26RBSS) to dealers. They are in production for the upcoming season. They are in the process of signing new dealers in several areas. The larger model, (28RLSS), will be released later. I spoke to him some about their website and I think they will try to make it more informative about how they're built, and give better specs, etc. I would possibly be interested in the larger model, depending on the price...

Just in case anyone is interested...
Thought you might be interested in this,
EverGreen Element Named RVB ’14 ‘Top Debut’ | RV Business
Old 02-13-2014, 06:52 AM   #12

The high-end travel trailer business was an experiment that failed. Airstream has it locked up. The other manufacturers, I guess, really didn't understand their appeal and how they can command those prices.

If you can find a used one, it's probably a fairly well made trailer, if you can get a good price on it, go for it.
Old 02-16-2014, 09:45 AM   #13

Ran across this thread on the Evergreen Element....My wife and I purchased a 2012 Element 26RSL two years ago. We now have well over 30,000 miles on it and we continue to enjoy it. We followed Route 66 last year from Chicago to Santa Monica, staying on the Mother Road as much as possible and avoiding the Interstate whenever we could. We returned home via Death Valley, Las Vegas, Carlsbad Cavern, Roswell, NM where we saw the aliens and then on to home. A great, 80 day, trouble free adventure.

schrederman: In your first post you said you ran across the Element online. I'm guessing it was a 2013 or earlier model. You are correct. The 26 and 28 foot "old style" Elements are history except for the occasional used or left over that may be on a dealer's lot. There were only a total or about 120 of them made in the short life they had. I agree what you said about the US market just won't go for something that is built well. We have become a disposable society. Don't fix it, buy a new one or buy cheap and replace as needed.

LittleHouse: Yes, a bit pricy, but well below what you would have paid for a comparable Airstream which is also 1,000 pounds heavier than or 26SRL. And about $10,000 less. And with no slideout.

VaVet96: Remember, that "expected" price you see on the MSRP is nothing more than a fairy tale. And yes, Earthbound is out of business and they did make one very similar to the Element called The Dillon. And yes, they were both designed by the same person.

Anyway, just my 2 cents on the subject.

Bob

Tags
evergreen