Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-21-2018, 06:33 PM   #1

Evergreen Element owners! Where ya Hiding?

I thought it might be a good time to resurrect the old "who has an Element" thread, but since no one has posted anything in the past 350 days, I've had to start a new thread.
Where are all you Element owners hiding??
We been traveling....Our 2012 first generation Evergreen Element will turn 6 years old next month. We have logged well over 73,000 miles on her. In the summer of 2017, we went to the Canadian Maritimes...New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, and Newfoundland. Great time!
Have we had issues, yeah, a few, but then again, we've got more miles on her in 6 years that many RV'ers put on in a lifetime.
Even had a few tires blow out! Got to where I could change tires in 1 hour and 5 minutes.
Was Evergreen "wrong" in it's design, nope, don't think so. More likely, ahead of their time.
They sure could have improved in the nasty cheap material for the interior cushions, but all in all, we're still happy with it.
Went to the Tampa SuperShow in January and didn't see anything that even came close to offering the amenities our Element has.
Hoping to have the DiamondShield removed this year and a product called Rock Guard sprayed on the front. Not a cheap process. I'd never buy the DiamondShield again. I called them about their 10-year warranty and they offered to replace what I have at a "discount." No thanks.
Anyway, we continue to enjoy our Element and would love to hear from other Element owners.
Hope other Element owners chime in!
thetravelkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2018, 06:50 AM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Glad you got to travel so much and really use your trailer! Congrats. Must have some good stories.
keymastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 02:36 PM   #3

Not an Evergreen owner but am curious what is the issue with the Diamond Shield?
Mordecai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 06:48 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordecai View Post
Not an Evergreen owner but am curious what is the issue with the Diamond Shield?
It's probably like all the rest of them. They get dinged up with rocks over time.
Old 02-22-2018, 07:18 PM   #5

Yes, dinged with rocks is certainly an issue. Plus mold grows under the DiamondShield. Add dirt and debris between the pieces....just not the quality I expected for an option costing me over $1,000.
Old 02-22-2018, 07:46 PM   #6

I've seen where people are having Rhino shield sprayed on instead of the very thin diamond plate. It works good for bed liners.
Old 02-23-2018, 09:56 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetravelkids View Post
Yes, dinged with rocks is certainly an issue. Plus mold grows under the DiamondShield. Add dirt and debris between the pieces....just not the quality I expected for an option costing me over $1,000.
Ouch! Read up a bit on what it takes to remove it and then repair the finish.
Mordecai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 07:32 AM   #8

Hello Element owners,
We have the Duo Plisse windows in our Elements, right?
I've been busy trying to find an American Distributor for these windows but have come up short. Dometic used to be the distributor, but an email from them said they were no longer the distributor.
It seems that Shape acrylic based solutions - Polyplastic was / is the manufacturer of the windows used in the First Generation Elements. I was able to obtain some parts from them a few years ago.
Last fall we were camped on the Outer Banks attending a get together hosted by Little Guy Trailers. They use the same type / style of windows in their trailers. They order from a company in Slovenia....just Google "Plastoform Blanca" and click on Windows in the Leisure Vehicle box. Scroll down to where they list parts.
I do NOT know if you can order from either of these two companies direct and the shipping may be very expensive....but if you need parts, these two companies may be your only source of supply.
Please let us Element owners know if anyone successfully orders parts from either of these companies.
You can also look on ebay and enter Duo Plisse in the search box and find some parts. Mostly from Australia and Europe. The parts look expensive and again, shipping may also be expensive.
Good luck!
Old 05-25-2018, 10:37 PM   #9

Element Questions

Hi,
We’ve purchased a Evergreen Element 26SLR (2012-13) model and have some questions? We are hoping to find other owners of this unique travel trailer! Any help that the online group can offer would be most appreciated! The dealer was great but because it was such a different unit and the only one they had ever seen - many of our questions on detailed components were unanswered.....
Moonchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 05:39 AM   #10

Moonchaser - what are your questions? Most Travel Trailers have the same components. Maybe the forum can answer a few of your questions.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 10:19 AM   #11

Ask away, I’ve collected quite a bit of info on the 1st generation Element.
Old 06-19-2018, 02:41 PM   #12

Element ET26SRK Owners

Hello everyone,
I just found this post trying to find Element owners. We have been happy owners for two years, purchased ours used and fell in love with it at first site. At every camp ground we stop people are always stoping by and requesting information on our trailer. They all want to know were did we purchase it. 4000 miles and we have had no major problems.
Jeff and Kam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 05:14 AM   #13

Hi Jeff & Kam
Glad you found the Element Owners thread!
My wife and I are original owners of 2012 Element 26 SRL. Our home is along the Mississippi Gulf Coast. If we can be of any help, please let us know!
Old 07-16-2018, 05:48 PM   #14

Evergreen Owners Club
2012 Evergreen Element owners! We bought it in 2015, almost never used prior to purchasing. We, too, give frequent tours as no one has ever seen one. And, neither have we. We love it. Biggest issue so far: the 'leather' dinette is flaking and cracking.
ChadMeyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
element, evergreen