Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-01-2016, 08:56 AM   #15

Well, tomorrow is today!

I suspect while I am posting this you and the missus are giving the TT a nice once-over. Is it everything you dreamed in your minds eye while you had difficulty falling to sleep last night?

I'm kind of living vicariously through yaw this morning, if you can't tell.

Patiently waiting for your report. (And pictures would be even BETTER!)

Cheers
Enjoy your day regardless.
snakebitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-02-2016, 08:44 AM   #16

You right. Didn't sleep much the last few days. so. I made the 8 hour trek from the house. The dealership was Frederick Outdoors in Decatur Alabama. They treated me well. I inspected the trailer and decided to go for it. Here's the deal. They had used the trailer one weekend at a boat show for an office. It was still very clean and appeared new. I decided to make the buy. The MSRP on the camper with options (I know MSRP means nothing) was 32,800. I got out the door for 16986. I felt like I stole it but time will tell if it is a good deal. Pulled it home without a brake controller or we hitch. I will be ordering a brake controller today. It pulled really well and I did not have any issues with pulling it. I got it home and went to checking it all out. All appliances work fine. A/c is great. I went around with a receptacle tester and all outlets were wired properly. The only issues I have found are 1) there is some kind of metal fold up cover that lays across the top of the stove burners that was missing. I didn't notice at the dealership but looks like it got left off. 2) the plexiglass shower stall had a couple of screws missing where it seals to the wall on a bracket. It could have caused a leak between the glass and the wall but easy fix. 3) the biggest issue by far is the kitchen sink faucet does not have good pressure on hot or cold. The faucet flows water but it is just a light stream. I thought maybe the screen in he faucet may have some foreign debris in it but it acts like the screen tip does not want to screw off. If anyone has any ideas on that one I could sure use it. Everything else seems great. My wife probably didn't sleep 5 hrs last night and when I got up she was out there wiping stuff down, mopping etc to get any cuddies out lol. We kinda ocd like that. Lol I will get some pics taken. We are practicing camping in our back yard. We are so excited. I prefer my on living quarters over a hotel any day. So ready for new adventures. Thanks again for all the advice. I hope all campers are as nice S y'all.
Chevyrocks3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 09:11 AM   #17

Update: got the kitchen sink water flowing. Screen had some debris is it.
Old 07-02-2016, 10:00 AM   #18

All sounds pretty normal for a new trailer. We had issues like this, but for the 10 minute fixes, we are enjoying the trailer, rather than spending time at the dealership. You scored.
Keen Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 10:53 AM   #19

Pics

Here are some pics
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	507.6 KB
ID:	131800  
Old 07-02-2016, 10:55 AM   #20

Pics

More pics
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	108
Size:	269.1 KB
ID:	131814  
Old 07-02-2016, 10:57 AM   #21

Pics

1 more
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	91
Size:	302.0 KB
ID:	131815  
Old 07-02-2016, 10:59 AM   #22

Puc

Another pic
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	110
Size:	265.7 KB
ID:	131816  
Old 07-02-2016, 11:02 AM   #23

Pic

I can post them everyday but right side up lol. Sorry
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	100
Size:	452.3 KB
ID:	131817  
Old 07-02-2016, 05:24 PM   #24

Saaaawwwwwwweeeeeeet deal!

Sometimes things just line up and you can do nothing better than believe and be grateful.

Although I had to stand on my head and turn my head sideways, the pics reveal a really nice rig.

And if it towed ok without the proper pack-mule setup, just imagine how much better it can be.

Enjoy Chevyrocks. (although Ford rules. Lol)
Old 07-02-2016, 08:20 PM   #25

Thanks snakebitten. I did get lucky I think. Maybe all is well with it. Lookin forward to getting on the road. They say them fords pull well. Always been a Chevy man. Bought a 1966 p/u from my neighbor at age 15. Worked on fixing it up through the years. Did all the work myself (paint, motor build, etc). Last build I stroked 454 for a total of 489 cubic inches with a roller cam. I'm getting too old for that stuff though. It's my baby. Here is a video clip. Maybe it won't be sideways.
Attached Files
Old 07-02-2016, 08:40 PM   #26

Well some pics then

Picture
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	93
Size:	453.9 KB
ID:	131866