Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-20-2014, 05:22 PM   #15

Evergreen Owners Club
Sorry for the highjack , but how do I post a new thread on this part of the forum ? I am looking for some info on the I-go G282BHDS

Than you
mike

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-20-2014, 07:43 PM   #16

I-go Information

Yor asking he wrong person here.. I wouldn't waste my time looking for Evergreen information again..Look at other brands and save yourself some flusteration.. But hey you might get lucky and they actually take the time to build one right...Good luck with that... I also have a update on my I-go .... We spent five nights up in Cherokee North Carolina at Yogi In The Smokies and had some serious rains come thru last Tuesday night and we didn't have to swim out of it...
Actually I couldn't find any leaks at all...But we are still having issues with the on demand water heater.. It works really nice for several hours then super heats the water and trips the thermal protector.

Old 10-21-2014, 06:54 AM   #17

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobyd313 View Post
Yor asking he wrong person here.. I wouldn't waste my time looking for Evergreen information again..Look at other brands and save yourself some flusteration.. But hey you might get lucky and they actually take the time to build one right...Good luck with that... I also have a update on my I-go .... We spent five nights up in Cherokee North Carolina at Yogi In The Smokies and had some serious rains come thru last Tuesday night and we didn't have to swim out of it...
Actually I couldn't find any leaks at all...But we are still having issues with the on demand water heater.. It works really nice for several hours then super heats the water and trips the thermal protector.
Thank you , going back to looking at the jayco I called evergreen and spoke with someone and did you no that the i-go was only composite on the inside of trailer for 2014 , and for 2015 no composite, at first I thought they where all built composite but only the higher end model's "ever lite " and up are using composite , also they changed the steel frame on the unit I was looking at to a lighter frame in 2015 form previous years , Just seem's like they are cutting corner's way to quick for a 6 year old company, After that I stopped doing research on there so called entry level trailer " as he put it "

Hope it all work's out well for you and you get everything taken care of

mike
Old 10-21-2014, 11:12 AM   #18

After reading about Element and Bay Hill problems I would touch an Evergreen trailer. JMHO
Old 10-21-2014, 07:08 PM   #19

I still say it's a shame they have such poor quality control.. It is such a nice looking camper inside and out.. But the problems I have had have left a very bad taste in my mouth .. So I just can't recommend a Evergreen product.. Tennesse Rv did a good job on the leak repair and it is hard to see the ripples in the laminate but I know they are there and I get mad every time I look... My fault or not.. And it's now under cover so maybe I can keep it out of the weather except when camping to avoid any more water issues...
Old 11-26-2014, 06:54 AM   #20

I broke down and e-mailed Atwood about the on demand water heater issues since after four trips to the dealer it was still not working properly.. After two questions about it they told me what to have the dealer order to fix it.. I just got it back from the dealer last evening and had to re-winterise so I personally couldn't test it myself but I am assured it will work this time..I opened the cover and it looks like they replaced everything but the burner tubes..totally different looking parts..so when I can get out there with decent weather. I will see what happens . I just hope this is the last of the Evergreen Nightmare.
Old 11-30-2014, 04:14 PM   #21

I have always had Sprinters nice layout and we have 3 slides 34ft
Old 11-30-2014, 04:33 PM   #22

Every 90 days? That is ridiculous. I redo the seams every 4 years not 90 days. I can not even believe that a factory rep would give you a story like that. What could possibly happen to silicone or dicor in 3 months?
If you like the rig, try to get over the stupidity of the manufacturer and enjoy it. We all go through absurd situations with our rigs.
Old 11-30-2014, 05:06 PM   #23

Ohh it was a cop out and I know it ... And so does Dan Dobecki at Evergreenrv..I had to get it fixed and paid for the repairs . The joke of a one year warranty is over now so it's all on me now anyway.. I wouldn't recommend a evergreen product to anyone at this point.. And if the water heater issue is truly fixed maybe I can take a few trips out without problems. Going directly to Atwood was a whole lot less stressful than dealing with Dan. Wondering what the next thing that they didn't seal or glue is .. Is going to hang around in the back of my mind for a long time.
Old 12-01-2014, 09:34 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobyd313 View Post
I picked up my Evergreen I-Go today from Tennessee RV .. They pulled the trim and let the area dry and then sealed under the trim and after putting the trim back on sealed down both sides with a material called proflex. They put it on a little thick but not too messy looking.. But there is no doubt they sealed the area Evergreen didn't . I also had them check all the other seams and am told they are sealed.. It ended up costing me $315.00 for the repair and the inspection. I don't guess that is too bad but I still feel if Evergreenrv had done their job properly that $315.00 would still be in my pocket.. I just hope the fiberglass doesn't try to delaminate from that area back. I will just have to keep my fingers crossed.. The steel RV carport type cover is supposed to be installed in less than two weeks so it will be out of the elements until we use it so maybe just maybe it won't leak... I know it would sure be nice to be able to enjoy it without worrying about what is going to leak next..
How much did that steel carport cost you?

For me, i just didn't feel a "on-demand" water heater was saving much since i normally turn mine on and off manually anyways. It would just be saving you that 30 minutes or so that it takes to warm up the water before a shower. I guess if you don't like washing your hands in cold water, it helps there too. But i think on-demand heaters have to heat at a much higher temperature in order to work, so i'm questioning any propane savings there. I can totally see how it works in a home where the water heater is on 24/7. But i think in an RV, unless you leave it on all the time, the savings is negligible. Seems like they are more trouble then they're worth.
Old 12-01-2014, 10:35 AM   #25

I would never want one since it's only propane powered. I like having the LP/Elec option. Ironically the DW and I have never run out of water with our 6gal quick recovery. Takes 15 mins to heat water when we use both LP/Elec to heat it. The HWH is always on except for when we leave for a long time. Between the time it takes for one person to dry off and leave the bathroom and the next is in the shower, the water is still hot.
Old 12-01-2014, 06:14 PM   #26

The steel carport came from Carolina carports and we paid $1400 dollars for it ..15 ft wide 26 long and 9ft tall side posts. I couldn't do the full 18ft wide due to a few trees that I did not want to cut down . I did have to remove one side brace to allow the slide to fully extend but other than that it's the perfect size for this camper.. As far as the on demand water heater goes.. It was in the unit my wife fell in love with.. The few times it worked properly it was really nice .. I have been told it doesn't use that much propane but it's hard to believe considering it's basically a flame thrower spraying the water pipes as the water flows thru. I have to admit it was nice to turn the hot water faucet on and not have to wait and if it stays working thru a full camping trip I will know for sure if it uses a lot of propane..

Tags
evergreen