Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-05-2014, 06:34 PM   #1

Evergreen Rv

Ok ..I am sure it's m fault because Dan at Evergreen says it is..
Bought a I-Go Lite last October .. So in my opinion it should be under warranty..
I was getting the trailer ready to take back to the dealer for the third time over the on demand water heater.. As I was puting items in the front storage box I noticed some bumps in the fiberglass laminate .. I had the dealers body shop look at it and he was worried there was water getting in from the trim.. He contacted Evergreen and they say it's not a warranty issue but a maintenance problem.. I am new to new RV's and warranty .. But I just can't imagine the seal going bad in less than a year.. So I called and was told it was my responsibility to check the seals and seams every 90days and re-seal as needed.. Well I was pissed and mentioned the water leaks that I have had and fixed myself or the dealer fixed.. he said they were not covered under warranty either.. So the people that put my trailer together didn't tighten the fittings to the water heater and didn't seal around the refriderator vent cover or the heater exhaust .. So now I am really concerned that they didn't seal other places.. So I am pretty sure it's my fault for buying the Evergreen and will just pay to fix anything that need to be fixed... Sorry for the rant but just a little worried and flusterated

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-05-2014, 09:25 PM   #2

Wow really sorry to hear this. Seems some company's look after people where others just throw you under a bus.

I hope you can figure something out. Maybe show us a pic of the damage.

Fast0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 09:37 PM   #3

It's already in the shop

I have it at Tennessee RV already.. They took pictures and sent them to Evergreen.. I will foot the bill now while the damage is controllable .. As of now it's a space about six in x four inches with small ripples.. Monday when they pull the trim I will find out how bad it really is but the body guy says he can fix it..I am going to ask them to go over the whole camper and see where else the sealer has come off if it was ever put on in the first place..it's funny how you loose confidence so fast when you talk to a factory guy that basically says tough doo doo..
Old 09-05-2014, 10:58 PM   #4

I agree it does not instil faith in your purchase

But good idea to get them to go over everything. When I bought my trailer I had them go over all the roof seals before I signed the papers and after we had bought it I noticed a few other areas where they kinda missed and the dealer took care of it all under the warranty. But I was more concerned about the roof originally.

Good luck let us know the out come.
Fast0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 07:41 PM   #5

Update

Well I got a call from the repair shop today.. It seems the was reason to worry.. Evergreen used the black sealing tape under the trim but only sealed the outer edges of the trim with the clear sealer down to the decal which is not quite half way down the nose of the camper.. Water was getting in under the trim on my 2014 I-go .. They took some pictures and are forwarding them to me and Evergreen.. I don't expect Evergreen to do anything but I will at least let Dan Dobecki know what I think of their quality control or lack of I should say.. The technician thinks we caught it before any serious damage was done.. So if you buy a Evergreen product.. Have the dealer check "ALL" of the seams,fridge vents ,heater exhaust, water heater and other outdoor venting for sealant.. Something that important should be checked over before it ever leaves the factory.. But as they say you live and learn.. After 90 days it's your (or in this case my) problem according to Dan.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:09 PM   #6

After reading about your problem and the extensive problems with the Bay Hill line as well as the Element, I'll never buy an Evergreen product.

There really needs to be a shake up at Evergreen in the QC department.
Old 09-12-2014, 04:26 AM   #7

It's really a shame ... They have a really nice line up and great lay-out.. They just don't seem to care about the common sense details... We looked at camping shows and many dealers before we walked into this unit. When we drove sixty miles to the the dealer that we found this unit at I was convinced I wanted an Aerolite.. The wife fell in love with this one and I have to admit I really liked the unit myself even tho I had never heard of Evergreen.. Of course now I am regretting not doing any research..we have been camping in it three times for three to five days at a time and have never had the on demand water heater to work the whole trip. And when I saw the tell tail signs of the water leak I was hooking it up to go back for another attempt at water heater repair.. I am not sure how much a tube of sealant costs the factory or how much the worker that is supposed to put it on is paid,but I think they need to invest time and money into that major detail. I know one thing...if they don't at least offer to pay a part of this repair there will never be another Evergreen product in my driveway..
Old 09-12-2014, 07:41 AM   #8

Checking your seals is very important. Most of it will be basic silicone. The stuff on the roof is different. That is self leveling rubber roof sealant, probably Dicor. You should be checking it on a regular basis and change it if it’s cracking or separating. A lot of service centers offer a service to check it for you and touch it up if needed. It sounds like you have owned it for almost a year. I would want to know how long the dealer had it before you bought it. I’m not taking anyone side here. But it’s like changing the oil in your car. If you don’t do it something bad is going to happen.
Old 09-12-2014, 08:00 AM   #9
bap

thanks for your post on the evergreen Q.C. , im with u 100% on this,,,
keep us updated,,
Old 09-12-2014, 08:45 AM   #10

Evergreen Owners Club
Hello all
I can only speak for my dealings with Evergreen. In my case there customer service has been top notch.

Thanks

Adam
Old 09-12-2014, 04:42 PM   #11

Like Dan said it's my fault for not checking it every 90 days..I just thought it was sealed from the factory .. And would last more than a few months.. And I am pretty sure it would have if it were ever put on in the first place.. So I am footing the bill for my stupidity. I have learnt a expensive lesson.. And by the way..my first time talking to Dan on my first warranty issue was pleasant.. But on this issue he was a very different person.. So now I know to check for sealant around the refrigerator vent cut out(it was only sealed half way around) around the heater exhaust vent(there was none at all) check all water heater fittings(they were all loose) if a trim piece is loose get it fixed before 90 days from purchase ( yea I had to pay for that on my first trip to the dealer..didn't think it would be an issue to have it fixed when I took it in for the water heater after 90 days ..I was wrong there too) re-seal the shower enclosure ( yea there was sealer on it but it leaked from every corner) and now if nothing else is leaking .. I sure as crap know what evergreen doesn't do well.. And that is seal their units.. I just hope nothing else is wrong and I can enjoy many camping trips in the last Evergreen product I will ever own..
Old 09-15-2014, 04:38 PM   #12

Jayco Owners Club
If I passed on every RV manufacturer that I've read about someone having problems with, I could not own an RV... from the cheapest to the most expensive. They hire people that have no experience and put them right out on the line making these things, and expect them to keep up from day 1. Quality control... doesn't really exist in my opinion. You may be lucky, like I seem to have been, and have no problems. Or, as seems to be the case of the original poster, you may get one that has major problems. It's too bad. This industry needs a wake-up call like the American auto makers got when Nissan and Toyota began selling cars in this country. The other piece of this can-o-worms is the number of brands... How many brands does each manufacturer have? It's a marketing ploy that pits brands against each other, that come from the same factory floor, with the same floor plans, made of the same junk. I had considered Evergreen, but the reason was the fuel economy I hoped I would get pulling something like the Element. Probably won't happen... because I don't like the floor plans that much. I'm sure they have made some of the OPs model that are trouble-free units. But, the mark of a good company is what they do for the customer when they make a bad one. Unfortunately, they don't seem to be stepping up...

I wish you the best with it. Screwing around with someone's leisure time is inexcusable... After all, we only have so much of it, and once wasted, it doesn't come back around.
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 12:39 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman View Post
If I passed on every RV manufacturer that I've read about someone having problems with, I could not own an RV... from the cheapest to the most expensive. They hire people that have no experience and put them right out on the line making these things, and expect them to keep up from day 1. Quality control... doesn't really exist in my opinion. You may be lucky, like I seem to have been, and have no problems. Or, as seems to be the case of the original poster, you may get one that has major problems. It's too bad. This industry needs a wake-up call like the American auto makers got when Nissan and Toyota began selling cars in this country. The other piece of this can-o-worms is the number of brands... How many brands does each manufacturer have? It's a marketing ploy that pits brands against each other, that come from the same factory floor, with the same floor plans, made of the same junk. I had considered Evergreen, but the reason was the fuel economy I hoped I would get pulling something like the Element. Probably won't happen... because I don't like the floor plans that much. I'm sure they have made some of the OPs model that are trouble-free units. But, the mark of a good company is what they do for the customer when they make a bad one. Unfortunately, they don't seem to be stepping up...

I wish you the best with it. Screwing around with someone's leisure time is inexcusable... After all, we only have so much of it, and once wasted, it doesn't come back around.
Well said.
Old 09-19-2014, 08:14 PM   #14

I picked up my Evergreen I-Go today from Tennessee RV .. They pulled the trim and let the area dry and then sealed under the trim and after putting the trim back on sealed down both sides with a material called proflex. They put it on a little thick but not too messy looking.. But there is no doubt they sealed the area Evergreen didn't . I also had them check all the other seams and am told they are sealed.. It ended up costing me $315.00 for the repair and the inspection. I don't guess that is too bad but I still feel if Evergreenrv had done their job properly that $315.00 would still be in my pocket.. I just hope the fiberglass doesn't try to delaminate from that area back. I will just have to keep my fingers crossed.. The steel RV carport type cover is supposed to be installed in less than two weeks so it will be out of the elements until we use it so maybe just maybe it won't leak... I know it would sure be nice to be able to enjoy it without worrying about what is going to leak next..

Tags
evergreen