Originally Posted by ga traveler
I got many calls from customers many times about power problems. The part that is hard to believe is about half said, I turned on the front TV and it smoked, So I went back and turned on the rear TV and it smoked, and I went and turned on the microwave and it smoked. ( No folks you can't make this up.) Too many campground owners hire a guy who sees a Travel Trailer Plug and think clothes dryer. ( They wire 220 and not 120)If this happens to you, go straight to the office and report it. Always carry a Multimeter with you and if you have a problem Test the outlet and show the person from the campground that it was their problem. This happened about 5 times during my seventeen years at the dealership.
LOL. I was once traveling in Europe and a guy down the hall plugged his 120 V hair dryer into the outlet and blew the fuse covering half the hallway. He then walked into my room and, before I could say anything, plugged it in again and blew the fuse for the other half. Idiot.
"That's why having a PI or TRC unit that checks them 24/7 is the best method to use." Any suggestions?
I was not going to spring for the pricey surge protector, but an adapter, 30A to 15A, and a polarity / continuity tester.