Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-07-2015, 11:53 AM   #1

First Time TT Purchase Help

I am currently in the process of looking around for my family's first TT purchase and am a bit overwhelmed. We have been going to different dealers around town and have found two we really like. We have 3 kids so the bunkhouse style is what we are leaning towards. The first one we like is a 2016 Gulf Stream Kingsport 268BH. We cant find any info on this unit and limited info on quality and or warranty in general. The MSRP is $24,139 and the "sale" price is $17,695. The second one id a 2016 Forest River Wildwood 28DBUD. We have found a little more info on this one but we are still unclear on which one would be the better quality for us. This one is MSRP $29.296 and "sale" price is $18,995. If anyone has any info on either one of these your input would be greatly appreciated. I will be pulling it with a 2010 GMC Sierra 5.3 with max tow package. Thanks in advance
kparker04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2015, 01:54 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Both tt's are budget units. With that said, two things I can point out.

First, The Gulf Stream only has a 30 gallon fresh water tank. That is tiny, especially for a family with 3 kids. ( The Wildwood has a 40 gallon = better) (We have a 53 gallon on our 26' hybrid tt.)

#2 We have found that the "pit" dinnette found on the Wildwood offers more space / elbow room, again especially with 3 kids. Downside on that is the couch looks shorter on the Wildwood.

Being on the lower end of the RV trailer price point, some options might not be standard such as: Gas/Electric DSI hot water heater, Electric awning....
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 05:09 PM   #3

I really like the 2015 Heartland Wilderness 3150DS Bunk Model W/Ext. Kitchen & 2 Slides.
Ruddoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 05:31 PM   #4

It may seem like overkill, but think about a rig with 2 ACs for the hot Texas summers. It might be educational for you to go to PPL and look at all the used TTs to see how some of the different brands hold up after a couple of years.
Texastbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 07:34 PM   #5

Thanks for the input everyone,I have gone to PPL and looked they have a few decent ones and that is where i found a few floorplans that i liked. The two A/C unit is a wonderful idea due to the heat down here. How would that work? Is that something that can be installed or would i have to find one that already has two on it? Thanks again!
kparker04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 07:41 AM   #6

My son has been looking at similar bunkhouse tts, and on a lot of them, there is an optional 2nd a/c prep package which makes installing another a/c a lot easier.
Texastbird is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
purchase