Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-30-2015, 07:07 PM   #1

Fresh water question 1999 kz sportsmen

Hi, hoping to find some help here. I am new to rv's and we just bought a new to us kz sportsmen. I'm getting ready to winterize it and having trouble figuring out how to drain the fresh water tank. So I have located the tank and pump. Right off the tank is a tube that goes out the bottom of the trailer and appears to just be a drain. Right where it goes through is a small black thing I assume is the plug it's shaped like aa t kinda reminds me of the water tank valves but much smaller. Anyway I can't for the life of me figure out how to open it. It turns but nothing happens. I tried pulling/pushing with no result. The most I got was a couple drops of water out of the drain. It seems stuck or I'm missing something but I'm afraid to break it. I should mention it's a 99. There is also two pipes that run through the floor just past the water pump with caps on the end. Can't figure those out either

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-30-2015, 07:29 PM   #2

Nor'easters Club
can you post a picture of the value that not opening.
The other two are the low water drain pipe to remove the water from the hot and cold lines. open the two end under the trailer then open the taps in the camper and the water should run out. you can either blow the line out with air or add rv antifreeze to the system. Just cap the ends first. you will also need to turn the bypass values on the hot water tank and drain that as well.

Englishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 07:35 PM   #3

It's too dark to get a picture now but I'll try to get one of the whole thing tomorrow. From looking at pictures I think I've figured out that it's the drain and just stuck. If you check out this link it looks like what he has labeled as c. Somebody mentions it can be hard to operate
Understanding plumbing system - Jayco RV Owners Forum

Different camper but I assume most things are the same
Old 09-30-2015, 07:36 PM   #4

Oh and thank you. I'm sure I'll be needing a lot of advice!
Old 09-30-2015, 07:45 PM   #5

I had that problem with our 03 KZ.. I had to push a stiff wire up thru the drain tube and work it around.. It drained properly everytime after that..
HR2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 08:15 PM   #6

Thanks I'll give that a shot. On the subject of water how hard is it too install a bypass on the water tank for winterizing?
Old 10-01-2015, 06:59 AM   #7

Nor'easters Club
You just need to buy the kit and install it on the water pump (Amazon Camco 36543 Pump Converter Winterizing Kit)
The other way to Winterize the system is to connect a compressor to the city water feed an pump 10 to 15lb to each tap. have somebody open one tap at a time and blow the water out. Then you only need to use the antifreeze in the drains. Also put dry sheet in all cupboards and storage spaces to keep out the mice.

Englishman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fresh water, water