Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-05-2017, 01:04 PM   #15

Hey All. Especially Biscuit. We got all settled into and set up in our campground site, fridge still working great on propane. Going in for the night we found most of the outlets in the camper were not working,, including the TV. Guess they are all on the same breaker as the Fridge ( the only way I could get the Fridge to convert to propane was to turn off the breaker, marked Fridge ) . Well hear is the story, wanted to watch some tv, so turned the breaker back on, fiqujred a few hour the Fridge would be off, no problem. Well forgot to turn it back off, and went to bed. Woke up and realized my mistake !!! But fridge is working great on a.c. and still is.. No idea ???? Has always fired up great at home on a.c. prior to a trip ????????
rideandslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-05-2017, 02:29 PM   #16

When I have something like that in my house or camper I turn off all the breakers one by one then reset all the gfi outlets and then it usually works.
lcboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 02:49 PM   #17

Thor Owners Club
KZ RV Club
I know this is a little off the train of thought here, but when we first got our TT and plugged it in at home, the "empty" fridge was only getting moderately cold. Someone told me that the purpose of the fridge is to remove heat. Not much heat in just air. So, we loaded up the fridge and it began working great on electricity and
on propane (when needed).
Just thought I'd throw that in the mix.
LandKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 08:20 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by keymastr View Post
When an absorption fridge is on electric there is an electric heating element that provides the heat rather than gas. The element is what he referred to. It will have 2 wires attaching it to the board.
YEP......

Control module on backside of fridge has a 5A glass fuse (slow blow) that is for the 120V AC circuit....which is for the electric heat element stuck in a holder welded to perk tube (boiler section) for heating the ammonia

Access to control module, fuse(s) (DC fuse on board also for fridge controls/propane) and heat element/propane burner is via bottom vent/access cover

Electric elements can be tough to reach on some models.
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 03:40 PM   #19

Thanks all !!! Will play with it when back home. As always, you always come thru !
Also like to help others ,the main reason I came back from being banned. !!!!
rideandslide is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge