RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-25-2018, 10:55 AM   #1

Fridge stopped...

Me again with a fridge question. I plugged in last night (50amp converted to 15amp outlet) just to get the fridge cold. Beautiful. Cold fridge, frosty freezer this morning. I filled it up and it’s no longer working. Lights up. Power is coming to RV. No cold. Ice is melting rapidly so I can’t figure it out. I switched to propane but still can’t hear it running from outside (yesterday I could hear a hum from the back panel). Thoughts?? I spent an hour googling before I gave in to asking for more help :( Thank you!!

wanderings is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-25-2018, 11:00 AM   #2
Senior Member - DIYer

Ford Super Duty Owner
What kind of frig, Make and Model number..

If its not working on shore power or propane, my first stop would be something like the 12 volts for the control board..

Is it turned on, is the control board getting 12 volts.

It won't do MACH 2, but I can get a sandwich and take a pee.
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 11:09 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiter21 View Post
What kind of frig, Make and Model number..

If its not working on shore power or propane, my first stop would be something like the 12 volts for the control board..

Is it turned on, is the control board getting 12 volts.
Itís a dometic model DMR702. Itís on (light is on when I open the door and blue power lights are on). I guess Iím not sure how to know if itís getting 12 volts :(
Old 05-25-2018, 11:22 AM   #4

There shouldn't be any noises from the fridge unless someone added a 12 volt fan in back. If that is what is back there and it stopped that's probably your answer, 12 volt problem. Open the outside hatch and look. While your there, toss a dog flea collar in there. It'll keep spiders and bug out.
charliez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 11:34 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliez View Post
There shouldn't be any noises from the fridge unless someone added a 12 volt fan in back. If that is what is back there and it stopped that's probably your answer, 12 volt problem. Open the outside hatch and look. While your there, toss a dog flea collar in there. It'll keep spiders and bug out.
No fan but thatís great to know about the flea collar!!
Old 05-25-2018, 12:22 PM   #6

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderings View Post
Itís a dometic model DMR702. Itís on (light is on when I open the door and blue power lights are on). I guess Iím not sure how to know if itís getting 12 volts :(
If the fridge has lights on while the trailer is NOT connected to shore power its getting power from the battery. Whether or not its the correct voltage (low battery) or there's an issue with the board I can't say. Dometic also has a Customer Support site you could try.
Old 05-25-2018, 12:52 PM   #7

Did you make sure your RV was level before leaving the fridge running?
Old 05-25-2018, 01:00 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkyfork View Post
Did you make sure your RV was level before leaving the fridge running?
camper being level is critical. That is my first guess and as mentioned beforehand the battery must have 12 v or more in it.

If that doesn't work try disconnecting the power and see if the refrigerator will cool by LP gas. Yours may have a selection button for gas...electric or auto. select LP and give it a shot..
tanman32225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 10:32 PM   #9

Thank you for all the help! Camper was level (though after two hours at the campsite we canít get it as level as at home go figure). That being said, it still wonít work on electric but is working on LP now. Iíll get it in to have it looked at when we get back. Just weird!!

Tags
fridge