Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-17-2011, 07:26 PM   #1

From this to that.........Take a look !!!

For those of you not familiar with my journey. I spent a solid 7 months working on this 1948 spartan. It got the better of me and I chose to sell her. Since I have the summers off, I decided to purchase a trailer ready to go , and decided on this one. My first purchase so I started out relatively small, 28' bumper pull. Everything works, even the leaky toilet!!! Other than that, she is in pristine condition and I am ready for a fun summer !!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	spartan journey home 070.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	10359   Click image for larger version

Name:	more spartan 001.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	10360  

Click image for larger version

Name:	keystone trailer 001.jpg
Views:	485
Size:	324.8 KB
ID:	10361   Click image for larger version

Name:	keystone trailer 002.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	291.6 KB
ID:	10362  

made2care is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-17-2011, 07:34 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Nice TT, made2care... but with your skills, abilities, creative vision, determination and dogged PERSISTENCE, I'm wondering if you'll get bored with a "trouble-free" RV!!???
I'm betting that one day you'll spot another "Sleeping Beauty" like your '48 Spartan and.. GAME ON!!!
Enjoyed your saga... looking forward to the next one.
Jim
Good man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 07:54 PM   #3

Now that you mentioned that............

Thank you for all the compliments. I doubt I am so talented. Funny that you mentioned the boredom part. There are a few Sprartans here in town just wasting away. When I sold mine, I thought of these in town, whose owner is an elderly gentleman, (you know what I am thinking, don't you ?) Anyhow, they are close , and of course, beckoning. But for now, I am going to enjoy , what hopefully will be, a troublefree TT, if there is such a concept!
Old 06-01-2011, 03:45 PM   #4

Looks really nice, congratulations on the new TT. There is always a ton of customization and upgrading that you can do to keep your mind occupied. I am the same way, my plan was to buy a vintage can and rebuild it, but the wife said she couldn't wait a year or more for me to get one done so we went and bought a brand new one for us to use. My " fixer upper mentality" still has not given up though and I am currently trying to buy a Silver Streak from a guy that I can bring back to life at a really slow pace.
mattholew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:02 AM   #5

nice upgrade
Bbasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 08:07 AM   #6
GPW

Gosh , I sure loved that Spartan ...
GPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 08:34 AM   #7

Would have taken a lot of work to make the Spartan look like the Springdale.
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:13 AM   #8

Texas Boomers Club
Jayco Owners Club
Personally I like the Spartan. Great looking trailer, something that you do not see every day. I have a friend that has a 1950 32' Spartan that her Dad bought new. Been in the family all this time.

2 years ago, we sold our 2003 Mobile Scout w/ super slide and purchased a 1983 Avion 34V. Best RV decision we have made. We love the trailer and it tows so much better than the MS. Quality of manufacture far exceeds what we have owned in the past. I can see this as being our last rig.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:07 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasPSDX View Post
Personally I like the Spartan. Great looking trailer, something that you do not see every day. I have a friend that has a 1950 32' Spartan that her Dad bought new. Been in the family all this time.

2 years ago, we sold our 2003 Mobile Scout w/ super slide and purchased a 1983 Avion 34V. Best RV decision we have made. We love the trailer and it tows so much better than the MS. Quality of manufacture far exceeds what we have owned in the past. I can see this as being our last rig.

OK, there ought to be a rule against a post like this, without photos!
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 04:04 PM   #10

Can I get the specs on your Springdale? The wife and I are looking for a tt in the 26-28ft range and also have a Nissan Titan (appears to be what you have). I just seem to be running into weight issues on everything we look at.
24wrxguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 06:29 PM   #11

springdale specs

will get those to you around wed when i am back home.