Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-17-2011, 07:20 AM   #29

well I got the pic on enjoy this is the way to have power if You have not got a built in unit. Next thing I will have for it is remote start

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-18-2011, 01:35 AM   #30

Thanks for the Pics Bushman. Our New to us rig has a 15K Carrier heat pump unit. I want to buy 2 honda 2000s. Will they run it? The 3000 will be bigger than I want to muscle around.

Old 07-18-2011, 03:27 AM   #31

15,000 heat pump

[QUOTE=jeffinsalida;906318]Thanks for the Pics Bushman. Our New to us rig has a 15K Carrier heat pump unit. I want to buy 2 honda 2000s. Will they run it? The 3000 will be bigger than I want to muscle around.
I would think 2 X 2000 will be more than You need but You will also have to have a kit to use them in line to give the 4000 watts, You can make up the cable Your self or buy on line also the self feed extra fuel cell.I wanted not to mess with the extra cables and the extra fuel and I also wanted electric start I had 2 air units in My Motor Home and was able to run both with the 3000 at the same time just start them about 1min apart...Good luck Bushman
Old 07-18-2011, 03:38 PM   #32

I have monitored my AC voltage with my Honda eu2000i during powering my Air cond. Yes it does drop for a few seconds at the initial start up, it quickly returns to 120 volts. Not sure how much damage may be occurring during the initial start up of the compressor, but if I turn the eco. mode on on the gen it does drop a few rpms lest than full load. So I feel there is a small amount of reserve power left in the Honda 2000
Old 07-18-2011, 04:38 PM   #33

cHEROKEE...? is that the one near oroville and chico ca ?
Old 07-19-2011, 08:49 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
I have had good service from my Boliy generator
. When you read the specs, it bests a Honda 3000 in all categories, at 2/3 the cost. If you use the search feature here you will locate past threads with comments and thoughts about this light-weight(for the size) generator. Mine powers our 15.5 BTU heat pump with power to spare.
Ray, do you have an "hour meter" on your Boliy? Any idea how to install one? I think it would be good so I can keep track of when to change oil and maint. checks & etc.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:55 AM   #35

hour meter | eBay

Can't help you with the how- but I think I read somewhere that it was pretty easy. I don't think there is any cutting or splicing of the wiring. Thought about it on my genny but realized that I didn't log enough hours to worry about it- I just change the oil once a year.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:19 PM   #36

Question for a Honda Companian owner. Is the 30 amp receptale on the companian active when using only one generator? I won't need to connect them together very often. I know it won't be 30 amps, but would like to balance the hours between the two and use the 30 amp cord.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:59 PM   #37
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The plug is active, but only as a 15 amp load on the Companion.

Ken
Old 07-27-2011, 08:36 PM   #38

Thank you very much.

Tags
generator