Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-03-2016, 11:54 AM   #1

Got a travel trailer and the water system is all messed up

If I try to fill the fresh water holding tank water shoots down from the skirt underneath and floods the inside of the RV somehow. I did not see where the water was coming from. When I try to hook up city water directly the water shoots down through these 2 tubes in the pic. There is no way to close these 2 tubes and nothing to hook them up to. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	rv water problem.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	155.6 KB
ID:	120432
gr8white is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2016, 12:22 PM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Those two tubes you can see appear to be drain tubes for evacuating the water system for winterization. There must be a valve somewhere or there are caps that go on the ends.

Is your fresh water tank hidden by the skirt? When you say skirt, is it a skirt that goes around the perimeter of the bottom of the trailer body, or are you talking about a layer of corrugated plastic that seals the area under the trailer?
Old 03-03-2016, 12:25 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bigmess View Post
Those two tubes you can see appear to be drain tubes for evacuating the water system for winterization. There must be a valve somewhere or there are caps that go on the ends.

Is your fresh water tank hidden by the skirt? When you say skirt, is it a skirt that goes around the perimeter of the bottom of the trailer body, or are you talking about a layer of corrugated plastic that seals the area under the trailer?
Im speaking about the fabric that goes on the whole bottom of the RV. I didnt see any valves to stop the water. I will keep searching. I just bought this thing off of a private owner and I didnt test the water unfortunately. Now I cant use the water at all unless I can get those 2 drain tubes to stop draining.
Old 03-03-2016, 12:27 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8white View Post
If I try to fill the fresh water holding tank water shoots down from the skirt underneath and floods the inside of the RV somehow. I did not see where the water was coming from. When I try to hook up city water directly the water shoots down through these 2 tubes in the pic. There is no way to close these 2 tubes and nothing to hook them up to. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Agree with 1bigmess - those look like your "low point drains", and the valves are open. Look in your manual for the location of the valves.

Having said that, I'm puzzled by the problem of water from filling the fresh water holding tank. When you put all these issues together, I think you've got more than the low point drain valves open.

So it really looks to me like it's time to check the manuals. Or try to get some help here based on the exact make and model of the TT itself.

Good luck!

Roger
Old 03-03-2016, 12:29 PM   #5

Was it winterized? Those look like low point drains. Normally they have caps that screw on and you remove the caps to drain the water system for winterization.

Not sure why it's getting wet in the TT though. Perhaps they disconnected a line on the water heater for winterization?

Call the person you bought it from.
69Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 12:41 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Stang View Post
Was it winterized? Those look like low point drains. Normally they have caps that screw on and you remove the caps to drain the water system for winterization.

Not sure why it's getting wet in the TT though. Perhaps they disconnected a line on the water heater for winterization?

Call the person you bought it from.
The person I bought it from is no help because he is a crappy dealer that didnt use it and the problem is on me. The water in the rv is only when I try to fill the fresh tank so I am thinking its a bad hose. Where can I find these caps that you speak of?
Old 03-03-2016, 01:03 PM   #7

First off........take a deep breathe and then relax.

What trailer do you have? Brand/model/year!

Secondly.......

How do you fill your fresh water tank?
With a hose thru a gravity fill port (hatch on side of trailer)
OR
Via a water station where you hookup hose and turn valves/switches?

Trailer was winterized............so fresh water tank drain may still be open, water heater is most likely still 'bypassed' and the 'low point drains' are open.

Open up cabinets, look inside/under any bench seating, inside bathroom cabinets, under bed storage, inside outside storage compartments etc. for any valves.
Look in area close to where those 'low point drain' lines go up into trailer.
Valves are typically somewhere close proximity to those lines.

They may not look like valves but just handles and they push/pull vs turn
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 01:09 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
It appears that your TT is in winterized mode...

The hot water heater may have the drain plug out or very loose - fix that

There may be isolation valves and bypass valves near the back of the hot water heater that need to have position changed

There may be a valve with tube to suck RV antifreeze out of a bottle on it by the water pump inside that is set to the winterize position

There may be a clear cap on the debris filter on the inlet side of the water pump that is loose or removed - fix that - if you are getting water on floor of TT chances are its coming from this area unless you have a major defect to fix in the TT water system

There will be a fresh water tank drain valve somewhere - sounds like its open - fix that

The two tubes that water comes out of are drains - there are either valves if you follow them upward before they Tee or if the ends are threaded fittings they need plugs in them
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 01:14 PM   #9

Thank you. I am going to look at all of this stuff you mentioned. I cant follow the drain hoses because they go up under the belly skirting. I checked under the sink and pulled off a false panel. There are two fittings on the water tubes but they are tight. The drain hoses do have threads at the end. Where can I find these on amazon? Im in the Florida Keys so there isnt much here and I would rather buy them on Amazon.
Old 03-03-2016, 01:20 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
We might be able to help you more if you told what make/model/year of TT you are working with. You might start a new thread with the make/model/year in the title and someone familiar with exact TT might be able to share their knowledge with you . Good luck .
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 01:40 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8white View Post
Thank you. I am going to look at all of this stuff you mentioned. I cant follow the drain hoses because they go up under the belly skirting. I checked under the sink and pulled off a false panel. There are two fittings on the water tubes but they are tight. The drain hoses do have threads at the end. Where can I find these on amazon? Im in the Florida Keys so there isnt much here and I would rather buy them on Amazon.
Dude, at least 3 people have pointed out that we can be a lot more help if we know the make/model/year of your trailer.

I'll add another suggestion: Do you have any friends or family members who own an RV or travel trailer? They might be a big help you you!!

Roger
Old 03-03-2016, 02:28 PM   #12

My mistake this is a 2009 Fleetwood Backpack travel trailer. I will start a new thread but still check this one. Thanks so much! By the way, I do own an RV and I am full timing in a 5th wheel. This is a friend who is letting me stay on their property next to the ocean in the Florida Keys. I want to help him. I found it for him and went and picked it up. So I feel this is my fault. Also, I asked a couple of times but still havent found where to find the plugs at the end of the drain hoses. Thanks!
Old 03-03-2016, 11:55 PM   #13

You were asked several times for make/model soooooooooo we waited until you asked couple times before responding

IF there are threads on end of those drain lines......go to any hardware store and get 1/2" PEX caps or plugs depending on whether threads are male (caps) or female (plugs)
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 09:04 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
You were asked several times for make/model soooooooooo we waited until you asked couple times before responding

IF there are threads on end of those drain lines......go to any hardware store and get 1/2" PEX caps or plugs depending on whether threads are male (caps) or female (plugs)
Ha ha Thank you so much old biscuit. Im going to the hardware store to find them today. Thanks again!

Tags
travel trailer, water, travel