Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-03-2014, 08:48 PM   #1

Gotta Brag!

At the last minute, the DH found out he had to work, so I loaded the DIL, 2 grandkids and 3 dogs into the truck and took the camper to the lake. When we got there, quite a few people saw the group getting out of our truck, and gathered around to watch "the show". I'm sure they thought I would be there for hours trying to back in and set up my rig. Happily, it took me 1 backup, with 1 pull-forward to straighten up and get exactly where I needed to be. (and only my 3rd time to ever back it in--usually the DH does). Twenty minutes later, we were set up, hooked up, and enjoying a cold beverage under the awning. I heard a few of the men around the camp area saying I did a better job than they probably would have. Just had to brag a little---never underestimate the ladies in your life!!
DreaminBig is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2014, 09:27 PM   #2

WOOHOO! You go, girl!
KarenS144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 09:33 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
congrats that will show em !
jlee815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 09:35 PM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenS144 View Post
WOOHOO! You go, girl!
X2, great job you deserve to brag.
Grandpere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 06:17 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Great job! You go girl! We started with a TT and both of us learned everything there was to driving, backing, setting up, taking down. Never ceased to amaze me the number of guys that would make comments about me backing in the TT! All were funny...never rude. Some asked if I would come over and teach there wife to drive/back in! AND some guys refused to let their other half even try to drive! What's with that in case of an emergency!?!?!?
Besides, you're teaching your kids/grandkids an important lesson (besides the important one: mom/grandmom is always right).
Safe travels
Andi
Kdsgone2dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 06:31 AM   #6

I am trying to get my DW comfortable with our rig. I have had her land it on a site and back up to connect when departing. She is getting more comfortable. I have not convinced her to let me ride shotgun on the actual travel part yet. Ha ha.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:42 AM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
..........Just had to brag a little---never underestimate the ladies in your life!![/QUOTE]

Excellent job! I told my wife it is important she learn to drive the coach. Have to get her out in a large parking lot to practice. She is a bit intimidated and has no desire to drive the coach.
Where we live it is horse country and more often then not women are driving the trucks and pulling gooseneck horse trailers which are sometimes quite long. They whip them around town like it is nothing. It is all a matter of doing it enough to realize it CAN be done.
RTinVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 09:21 PM   #8

Previously I had a 17' Hybrid; now I have a TT about 3' longer. On our second trip out we ended up at a SP that was pretty deserted when we were leaving. So I took an hour or so to practice backing into vacant sites!

I tried from the left; from the right; looking in my mirror; out the window, etc. Until I found the combo that worked best for me! There is no "Mister" so I have to be able to do it. I confused a few ppl still left in the CG-- one guy even chased me down in his truck after I made my 6th or so trip around the loop!

Was the best hour I spent!
happybooker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 09:29 PM   #9

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by happybooker1 View Post
Previously I had a 17' Hybrid; now I have a TT about 3' longer. On our second trip out we ended up at a SP that was pretty deserted when we were leaving. So I took an hour or so to practice backing into vacant sites!

I tried from the left; from the right; looking in my mirror; out the window, etc. Until I found the combo that worked best for me! There is no "Mister" so I have to be able to do it. I confused a few ppl still left in the CG-- one guy even chased me down in his truck after I made my 6th or so trip around the loop!

Was the best hour I spent!
You have the right idea, practice, practice, practice! That was terrific you spent that hour to find the right combination for you to get the feel of backing up a tt. You go girl!!!
Grandpere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 03:11 PM   #10

Good for you; up the creeds for the ladies

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaminBig View Post
At the last minute, the DH found out he had to work, so I loaded the DIL, 2 grandkids and 3 dogs into the truck and took the camper to the lake. When we got there, quite a few people saw the group getting out of our truck, and gathered around to watch "the show". I'm sure they thought I would be there for hours trying to back in and set up my rig. Happily, it took me 1 backup, with 1 pull-forward to straighten up and get exactly where I needed to be. (and only my 3rd time to ever back it in--usually the DH does). Twenty minutes later, we were set up, hooked up, and enjoying a cold beverage under the awning. I heard a few of the men around the camp area saying I did a better job than they probably would have. Just had to brag a little---never underestimate the ladies in your life!!
So proud of you! I am taking the opportunity to practice backing in our TT more and more. I am finding more ladies doing the same. My DH is very supportive and encouraging so that helps my confidence. Glad you posted your accomplishment; grand kids AND dogs! You had your own fan club PS. DH means Darling Husband. Right?
Likes2Camp is offline   Reply With Quote