Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-14-2015, 06:33 PM   #1

Jayco Owners Club
Grand Design?

I looked at a Grand Design Reflection trailer this last weekend. I liked it. Anyone on this forum have one? Please tell me about it...

Thanks......

schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2015, 11:55 PM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
How can you believe anything they say when they say this about their 8300 pound 34 foot TT..
Grand Design RV quality into a super lightweight package that is easily towed by a half-ton truck!
Really? they say the same thing about their 5th's and they are even heavier. I don't see them as even being close.

Highway 4x4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 03:51 AM   #3

Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
On ford.com, the entry page for the 2015 F150 says that it can tow 12,200 pounds when properly equipped. The lowest tow capacity of any configuration of F250 is 11,700 pounds. The heavier truck gives you more engine choices, and will probably last longer if used often for towing, but either one will drag an 8300 pound trailer. I've been shopping...
slowmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 10:15 AM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Oh really. Well their smallest and lightest TT is the 308BHTS, 8348 pounds and 36 feet, 7 inches. I don't care how you equip a F150, or any other 1/2 ton truck, unless you plan on vacationing alone, with nothing in the TT you are going to have a real towing test for a vacation. If the TT Mfg and the truck Mfg say you can do it, then who am I to say otherwise, I say go for it. I am not the weight police.
Highway 4x4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 10:24 AM   #5

no dog in this fight, but given the rigs in Highway's signature, I'd say he talks from experience.

From my experience towing boats weighing 10,000 pounds...I had Ford diesels and F250 frames and it's all flat down here. The one time I went to Lake of the Ozarks with a 10,000 boat and 1200 pound trailer, the few hills we came across made me glad to have that torque.
Old 01-15-2015, 12:43 PM   #6

Jayco Owners Club
Well............ I actually have about the same tow capacity as Hiway... so I was actually not wanting a debate as to whether I can tow it... pretty sure I'm OK there. If we judged RV companies on their sales sleaze... none of us would ever buy one.

Still hoping someone has some real-world experience with one of these travel trailers.
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 07:27 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman View Post
I looked at a Grand Design Reflection trailer this last weekend. I liked it. Anyone on this forum have one? Please tell me about it...

Thanks......
We've put money down and ordered one built, a reflection 313rlts. We went to the RV supershow in Sevierville TN last weekend and looked at quite a few TTs including a 313rlts they had there. Build quality and features are quite good compared to the competition. These are fairly new to the market and after seeing our first one we were sold.

John & Sherrie
Old 03-06-2015, 08:51 PM   #8

I have had a GD 303 for 8 months. Customer service is great. No problems. A good fried who is an avid RVer was very impressed with material used, and construction. alot storage.
I tow with a stock 2011 GMC 2500 double cab with 6.6
Old 03-06-2015, 08:58 PM   #9

o yea by the way it is awesome. space, seating, materials , it is all GOOD