Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-09-2017, 02:32 PM   #1

Grand Design Imagine TT

Does anyone own a Grand Design Imagine TT? If so, what is your opinion on the Quality and overall value of the product? Thanks in advance for your response.

Ksatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2017, 07:24 PM   #2

I own a 2017 GD Imagine 2150RB TT. Just turning over year 1.Have put approx. 9,000 miles on her so far. Like every RV there will be some things to fix yourself or have the dealer do it. Just make sure you do a complete PDI. No RV is perfect and never will be. Its a traveling earthquake and things will happen.

Like every other RV (and vehicle line) you have the less expensive ones and the more expensive ones depending on if you want a Travel Trailer, 5th wheel or toy hauler. Your selection usually depends on usage, floor plan and tow vehicle.

I have been RVing for over 45 years and like most have had every kind of RV (Class A, Class B+, Class C, 5th wheel and Travel trailers). I've had good one and not so good ones.

I would put Grand Design up there with the better ones as their quality is above the norm, their customer service is better than most, and if a problem does happen they respond very quickly. I understand they are the fastest selling RV trailers out there currently.

Also Winnebago bought them out last October which gave them more cash flow capability.

Hope this gives you some answers.

bailer6334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 04:41 AM   #3

Excellent advise for any type of RV purchase. . Thanks for the info. Safe travels!
Ksatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 10:35 AM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Winnebago also bought Sunnybrook a few years back and gave them a cash flow. Sunnybrook was a very nice TT, like GD is today. Was a real competitor for sales with the Winnebago lines. Owned by Winnebago, Sunnybrook is now gone. Good luck. The best way to beat the competition is to own them.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 04:30 PM   #5

I have a 2017 Imagine 2600RB with about 7,000 miles on it. Been to Texas, New Mexico, Utah and Colorado with it. Overall I am very pleased with the trailer. The build quality of the trailer seems to be a lot better than others.

This is my fourth RV in 25 years - three trailers and a Winnebago Class C. I would buy another Grand Design product. The dealer also makes a big difference. My dealer prior to my picking it up went thru the trailer looking for any issues. May be it was because I told them I would be doing a complete inspection (about an hour) prior to signing the papers.

Greg
Greg950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 11:41 AM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Quote:
Winnebago also bought Sunnybrook a few years back and gave them a cash flow. Sunnybrook was a very nice TT, like GD is today. Was a real competitor for sales with the Winnebago lines. Owned by Winnebago, Sunnybrook is now gone. Good luck. The best way to beat the competition is to own them.
Your right Sunnybrook had a good reputation, Winnebago bought them and transformed the Sunnybrook name plate to be the cheap / entry level aluminum sided model. Went bye bye a year later.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 02:18 AM   #7

Seems like that's always the issue with a lot of RVs. They start out independent, with great quality and service. After a couple of years they are bought out by one of the big corps, and the quality and service takes a nose dive. Same thing happened with Open Range.
Dropthejacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 05:35 PM   #8

Outdoors RV Owners Club
There are 2 that will never be bought out. OutdoorsRV and Northwood.
Old 10-14-2017, 06:34 PM   #9

Never say never. Last I heard Ron and the DW have turned over operations to non family management and should something happen to them the heirs/estate may sell.
bailer6334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 08:44 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway 4x4 View Post
There are 2 that will never be bought out. OutdoorsRV and Northwood.
For qualities sake lets hope so.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 10:43 AM   #11

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I am sure there are a few megga- size RV companies that would love to own them. Wonder why? I would look to see a "employee owned" company before a sale to a monster. The people that work there love their company.
Old 10-16-2017, 07:00 AM   #12

I was looking at a GD fiver last week which I was very close to buying. I didn’t due to the length of the sofa bed. If the unit you are looking at has one be sure to open it up. The one we looked at was only useable for kids. Anyone taller than 4’ 8” wouldn’t fit.
Old 10-16-2017, 07:40 PM   #13

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite77 View Post
I was looking at a GD fiver last week which I was very close to buying. I didn’t due to the length of the sofa bed. If the unit you are looking at has one be sure to open it up. The one we looked at was only useable for kids. Anyone taller than 4’ 8” wouldn’t fit.
Wow, that is surprising. I have a GD Solitude 379FLS. It has two sofa beds, both pull out into queen beds. Certainly something to check, something that small would be a showstopper for many.
Old 10-16-2017, 10:23 PM   #14

We have a GD Reflection that has been great so far. After traveling with us and seeing ours ou neighbors bought a 2150RB Imagine. Love it so far. Bath is outstanding.

cfowler55 is offline   Reply With Quote