Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-22-2016, 06:51 PM   #15

I already have an account thru 2018 and all they are doing is giving me my home service in my TT while I am travelling. They will set up everything for me and if I have problems they will come out the same as if I had something wrong in house DTV. If my bill goes up then it would have gone up anyway whether I have TT service or not.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2016, 06:53 PM   #16

I only deal with DTV never with ATT

Old 06-22-2016, 07:01 PM   #17

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I just take the HD DVR out to the trailer, hookup cable, mount antenna on tripod, and aim. Easy.
I have Direct TV SWM equipment, so I installed the power bricks in the trailer permanently. Bought those on Ebay for cheap.
Old 06-23-2016, 09:02 AM   #18

Time will tell if you got a great deal. I am still skeptical that the agent you spoke with actually got you the deal you think you have.

As one of their original and loyal customers for many years, I called DTV and asked about using a RV receiver. They told me to open a new separate RV acct, which is how I think you got the free perks.
Old 06-23-2016, 10:09 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Vic View Post
Time will tell if you got a great deal. I am still skeptical that the agent you spoke with actually got you the deal you think you have.

As one of their original and loyal customers for many years, I called DTV and asked about using a RV receiver. They told me to open a new separate RV acct, which is how I think you got the free perks.
x2. I posted earlier about the same "New Account" thing. DTV is clueless with RV issues.
Old 06-23-2016, 07:47 PM   #20

On the way home call them and tell to turn on home tv and it will be there when you get home. I only camp a few times a year but where we like to go they don't even have cable so I thought this was a great deal. One time cost for receiver and have the tech hook it up and then DTV will come out and redo if anything is wrong, it will take less time to call them than it will to hook everything back up in the house., plus you get a 200 dollar visa card and the NFL package thats 550 dollars to gain and nothing to lose.
Old 06-23-2016, 07:54 PM   #21

My account does not change because if I am not using it at home I use it on the road. One account with no increase, 200 dollar visa card and the NFL package. I bought the receiver and thats all I am out. This is a win win situation and I have had great results with DTV over the years. Please call Timothy at 888-388-6683 and tell him you want DTV in your new trailer and ask him about any new perks and also mention DISH has offered you a great deal,
Old 06-23-2016, 08:12 PM   #22

After dragging receivers from the house for 5 years and fighting to get them hooked up in the coach, I'm all about leaving one in the coach! I finally got to a point where I can do that so totally 100% agree with the OP about not having to deal with it.

I've seen DirecTV at campgrounds setting up the antennas for people that can't figure it out. The last time they were there getting rigs set up to be able to get the NASCAR race. The tech told me they know the best spot for reception at just about ever site in that particular CG!
traveling in a 2011 Ventana 3433!
KarenS144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 08:32 PM   #23

Try to get a HR-54 DVR from DIRECTV. I did four months ago. Yes the rental is $10 a month with a 2 year commitment. Then them you want a video bridge and a C41W wireless client. The HR-54 is a SWM DVR (one wire) that can record 5 channels while serving three separate TV sets with different programs. Of course you need a client for each remote TV set. The 54 and the clients all come with individual RF remotes. The only difference between the HR-44 and the 54 is the 54 does not require an external antenna power. Cheap SL-3 dishes ($60) are available on e-bay. I use a SATLOOK LITE signal meter to find the Direct TV galaxies.