Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-14-2016, 08:19 PM   #1

Guess What Just Arrived By Greyhound ?

Heck ya! The Andersen "No Sway" Weight Distribution Hitch" 😆

Anyway, the quality of finish and heavy duty feel far exceeded what I was expecting.

Can't wait to install it. Oh April, can't you come any faster!!!!! 😤
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1458008289714.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	121453  
TheMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2016, 08:27 PM   #2

Oh and this too!! Andersen Ultimate Trailer Gear Leveler Kit. Very impressed!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1458008811195.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	121454  
Old 03-15-2016, 03:53 AM   #3

Arrived by Greyhound ???? Where in the heck do you live ? The Yukon Territory ? Your profile tells us so much about Yuz Guys ????

Jim $ Pat
rideandslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 04:11 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideandslide View Post
Arrived by Greyhound ???? Where in the heck do you live ? The Yukon Territory ? Your profile tells us so much about Yuz Guys ????

Jim $ Pat
lol Jim & Pat.... I agree, I've been lazy and haven't updated my profile... forgive me

We live in Beautiful British Columbia Canada. So much to explore here too.

Anyway, I will update soon. Its 3am and time for sleep... but I haven't been sleeping well lately since I got the RV bug... and especially since I ordered our TT/Truck and now trying to get all the necessary things to make this rig work before they arrive.

I am learning a lot. I am a sponge at the moment. I am eternally grateful to you and EVERYONE on this forum for holding our hands and helping us through it all.

Thank you EVERYONE. Couldn't do it without you guys
Old 03-15-2016, 08:42 PM   #5

If you haven't already done this go and watch the installation video again. It makes the process that much easier. I have the same hitch pulling around 10K and just upgraded the TV to Ram 2500HD. Had to get the 8" drop/rise insert to be able to lower the ball enough for proper leveling. You're really going to love it. Take your time and measure properly with the trailer nice and level. The video really helps. Good luck and post us a photo when it's all done and hooked up.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1389.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	432.3 KB
ID:	121521
Old 03-16-2016, 12:09 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bttravel View Post
If you haven't already done this go and watch the installation video again. It makes the process that much easier. I have the same hitch pulling around 10K and just upgraded the TV to Ram 2500HD. Had to get the 8" drop/rise insert to be able to lower the ball enough for proper leveling. You're really going to love it. Take your time and measure properly with the trailer nice and level. The video really helps. Good luck and post us a photo when it's all done and hooked up.Attachment 121521
I certainly will. Yes I have seen the video about a billion times. Measured and my difference was 5" so hence I bought the 8" drop. I am just waiting for the 4-3/8 brackets to arrive as they were out of stock and shipping separately. No biggie as I have no TT/TV yet. I am only pulling 4300 dry. Only needed a 1/2 ton.

This is why I want to iron out all the kinks before I recieve TT/TV

I will definitely post some pics up and look forward to a doing a review.

Thanks
Old 03-17-2016, 03:44 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideandslide View Post

Jim $ Pat
lol. I had to scratch my head when I read the title... I didn't even know Greyhound does shipping. In fact, I don't know anyone that uses that service for even travel anymore. It was popular back in the 70's. But it's just too cheap to fly anywhere... (or pull your RV... lol).

So let me see if I got this right (since I am new to the thread)... the OP is purchasing sway bars, levelers and other accessories, but still don't have the TT or TV yet? And my wife thought I was crazy buying accessories on the day we picked it up.... lol.
GreenFeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 04:00 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFeather View Post
lol. I had to scratch my head when I read the title... I didn't even know Greyhound does shipping. In fact, I don't know anyone that uses that service for even travel anymore. It was popular back in the 70's. But it's just too cheap to fly anywhere... (or pull your RV... lol).

So let me see if I got this right (since I am new to the thread)... the OP is purchasing sway bars, levelers and other accessories, but still don't have the TT or TV yet? And my wife thought I was crazy buying accessories on the day we picked it up.... lol.
Lol why is that crazy!!!! 😆
I already bought my TT. It's on the lot 3 hours away. I can't pick it up and bring her home because the Truck I ordered will be finished building end of April.

Now how am I to go get it in April, when I don't have a hitch? Lol That will delay me even further don't you think? This is my first ever Truck and first ever TT. So I have nothing at all.

So I've ordered everything I possibly can that I need as I know all the dimensions of the TT and the TV that I have ordered. I'm almost done buying. My theatre room is full of RV accessories now lol. Can't wait to get her and start our camping season. So excited.

Hope that made sense. And if it doesn't. .. maybe I am crazy and I just don't know it yet lol.
Old 03-17-2016, 04:51 AM   #9

You are no crazier than the rest of us. That's called excitement and it is refreshing to see someone first starting out and being excited. We were the same way along time ago.

Here's hoping for many years of fun and travel. Hope you can explore the US as well as Canada.

Tom
Old 03-17-2016, 05:37 AM   #10

I think you guys arn't crazy, just infected with the RV virus , like most of us !!
I remember when our daughter convinced us to get a TT so we all could go on trips together, so shopped around and found a old TT, fixed her up, and on the road. The only difference in us is that we had to do everything on a tight budget, so most stuff was just what we actually really needed, and usually what we could afford.

So after a few years we sold it, no regrets buying it, working on to get her back roadworthy, i pretty much know most of the systems on a TT,

With retirement coming we decided to buy new and got our 2015 Grey Wolf 26RL, i had to have rear living, and a Husky Centerline TS Hitch , I did a lot of WDH research and went with the Centerline TS, for performance and cost, and i wanted to get away from chains, seems to be a knockoff of the Equalizer, we love it. I don't really understand the Anderson, i see the sway control, but not the weight dis. ???

So don't worry, the virus is only deadly to your wallet !

Jim & Pat
rideandslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 04:07 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix View Post
Lol why is that crazy!!!! ��
Hope that made sense. And if it doesn't. .. maybe I am crazy and I just don't know it yet lol.
lol. I didn't mean to be offensive or negative. It's just funny to the "outsiders" or newbies. Of course when I made my purchase, I had the hitch and sway as part of the RV purchase. The dealer installed it free during setup and inspection. I researched on the Blue Ox and although it appears simple to install, I'd rather let the experts do it. Plus, with any RV purchase at my dealer, they give you $50 coupon for their "parts and accessories". They want you to walk thru and see all their goodies... entice you to spend more. lol. But I just expended the $49.95 on RV toilet paper, new 15' fresh water hose and a water filter ground holder since I had already purchased the water filter, water regulator and many other items before picking it up... lol. So I was guilty too.
GreenFeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 09:59 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFeather View Post
lol. I didn't mean to be offensive or negative. It's just funny to the "outsiders" or newbies. Of course when I made my purchase, I had the hitch and sway as part of the RV purchase. The dealer installed it free during setup and inspection. I researched on the Blue Ox and although it appears simple to install, I'd rather let the experts do it. Plus, with any RV purchase at my dealer, they give you $50 coupon for their "parts and accessories". They want you to walk thru and see all their goodies... entice you to spend more. lol. But I just expended the $49.95 on RV toilet paper, new 15' fresh water hose and a water filter ground holder since I had already purchased the water filter, water regulator and many other items before picking it up... lol. So I was guilty too.
No offense taken. I'm 3hrs from my TT dealer so I have to get everything sorted at my end. I think I've got it down to a Tee now.
Old 03-18-2016, 10:36 AM   #13

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I had a bunch of stuff before I had the trailer in the driveway. That is why I needed the truck first!
Old 03-18-2016, 03:25 PM   #14

TheMatrix .... Funny how that happens. We pick-up our first TT second week in May. I must say, I have lost a bit of sleep as well as I am constantly thinking of what I need to get to outfit it for our first trip.

I'm little nervous. We are going on three short trips in Ontario (where we're from), before we do the big trip out to BC and back - almost 10,000 km round trip. Have to have things somewhat right before then.

The BC trip is planned somewhat tight with no time for unexpected trips to trailer dealerships for repairs.
MBirch is offline   Reply With Quote