Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 11-28-2010, 04:55 PM   #1
Had a Water Leak This Weekend

We have a 16' Sportsmen Classic 16BH. Took it camping this weekend in South Texas - Goliad State Park. Friday night we weren't hooked up to the water because it was predicted to freeze.

I notice a puddle of water on the floor that looked like it may have come from the bathroom, but wasn't really sure. We had splashed some water when blowing the air out of the lines.

All day Saturday, still not hooked up to the water but with the water pump on, no problems. Saturday afternoon we hook up to the water since it didn't appear to freeze (at least not hard freeze) the night before.

About midnight I get up to go to the bathroom and step in a puddle of water. The water was coming from under the bathroom wall next to the bathtub. We turned the water off and mopped up best we could.

I find it interesting that the only time I saw puddles was at night when it was colder.

Anyway, we will be calling the dealer tomorrow and taking it in. We haven't had the TT 3 months yet, shouldn't have leaks.

Oh, and yes we had the cheapo pressure regulator and a filter cartridge hooked up to the water hose when on "city" water.

2010 Sportsmen Classic 16BH
2002 F150 Super Crew with 4.6 L, 3.73 ratio
sandersmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-29-2010, 04:27 PM   #2
The TT is out of the driveway and in the shop. They asked when we needed it and I told them before the third week of December - we are driving to Atlanta for Christmas. We'll see - oh and they assure me it will be covered by warranty.

2010 Sportsmen Classic 16BH
2002 F150 Super Crew with 4.6 L, 3.73 ratio
sandersmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:04 PM   #3
Having had similar issues in the past, I suspect ... and hope that it was just a weak/lose clamp on a hose.
99 F350 4X sc 6sp Dually, 03 Montana 3655FL/5er

http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/traffic/passes/white/ not far from home...
Frankenstien is offline   Reply With Quote