Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2015, 11:17 AM   #15

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Its just more government regulation to create more revenue for the politicians to use as they see fit. They use "safety" as the reasoning behind it. Surprised the wack jobs that run California haven't come up with this yet.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2015, 11:24 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbird65 View Post
In your opinion, should I scrape off the sticker that expires this month or just leave it alone until I get it inspected just prior to my February 2016 registration? Thanks

I'd suggest leaving the sticker on. With this transition, there should be lots of flexibility from LEOs.

Old 03-10-2015, 11:45 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by austex View Post
I'd suggest leaving the sticker on. With this transition, there should be lots of flexibility from LEOs.
I'll do that. Thanks
Bigbird65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 12:07 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway 4x4 View Post
No vehicle or RV inspections in Calif, yet.

SHUSH ! Jerry might hear you.
Old 03-11-2015, 12:09 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Hawkins View Post
Its just more government regulation to create more revenue for the politicians to use as they see fit. They use "safety" as the reasoning behind it. Surprised the wack jobs that run California haven't come up with this yet.

SHUSH ! Jerry might hear you.
Old 03-12-2015, 10:34 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by austex View Post
Just a quick note, I'm LEO and our municipal court judge advised us that expired or no inspection stickers are no longer a cause for PC to pull anyone over. Therefore you can remove any inspection sticker now without fear of a ticket. That's in the DFW area but I'm sure the judge studied the state law on this. I've already removed my motorcycle inspection plate and will be removing them from my vehicle as they expire of course. This is a grace year so there will be tons of non inspected vehicles roaming around out there.
Old 03-12-2015, 11:46 AM   #21

Dwayne, thanks for the update.
Bigbird65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 05:50 PM   #22

We don't have inspection in Arkansas and we have perment tags on them
Old 03-15-2015, 07:53 PM   #23

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Remember that all the money belongs to the government, they are the ones that print it. We are lucky they allow us to have any at all. After all, you didn't build that and it takes a village. The government knows better what to do with the money you earn than you do. Like give it to other governments or give it to people who do nothing, oops, I mean who have nothing. I am really surprised that Cal has no RV inspections but it is looking at a Tax Per Mile. Won't that be fun. But with that, they have to know where you are, hummmmmm.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 08:07 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeltoneMagoo View Post
Nothing new! Brought in a used trailer from La. in 05. It had to be inspected before the state would issue tag. Been in force at least that long.
Now the real problem is that even utility trailers are going to be inspected. All tires must be round and not flat and all lights have to work. That will be $7 please!
Good luck, good health and safe travels!
No, not utility trailers need to be inspected.

Look everyone, it is staying the same EXCEPT for one thing: you don't get a sticker.
That's literally all. You still have to get an inspection for all trailers 4500LB GVWR and over. It, or the vehicle towing it must have insurance in force. It's still $14.50, just split in different places instead of all at once. There is also a plan for those that full time and use Texas as their residence.

Trust me.
Old 03-19-2015, 07:31 PM   #25

Jayco Owners Club
Went in today to register my trailer. Had my inspection report and insurance ready. All she needed was the report, my drivers license, and my check. From closing the truck door to opening it was about 6 minutes... No problems... She did say, no tickey... no laundry... meaning that without the inspection report, I wouldn't have gotten my registration.
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 07:51 PM   #26

Triple E Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Wow where I live all you get is a licence plate. You never have to renew it. It has a sticker that says permanent.
Most people get insurance and that is not mandatory if your vehicle covers what you pull.
I have had the same plate on 3 different trailers. All I ever did was transfer the serial # with the Department of motor vehicles.
Sounds like Texas has a real cash cow.

On another note. Any construction trailer or work trailer,i.e. portable welder or cement mixer gen set etc. Licence plate not required.
I used to rent a lot of equipment and I inquired at United Rentals and they said that plates were not required in Alberta Canada.
And that is possibly the only good thing about being north of the border!
Old 03-19-2015, 10:25 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesilvas View Post
No, not utility trailers need to be inspected.

Look everyone, it is staying the same EXCEPT for one thing: you don't get a sticker.
That's literally all. You still have to get an inspection for all trailers 4500LB GVWR and over. It, or the vehicle towing it must have insurance in force. It's still $14.50, just split in different places instead of all at once. There is also a plan for those that full time and use Texas as their residence.

Trust me.
I had heard this as well but I just got the note this week for my boat trailer that has gvwr of 4100lbs. Not sure I get that.
bjlakatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 11:05 PM   #28

I believe that if you have a trailer that requires a license plate, then you will have to get a safety inspection before the next registration.
Joe

'09 F450--died, replaced with '10--retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
texas