Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-18-2013, 06:49 PM   #15

Vintage RV Owners Club
O...kay!

Looks like it's the converter, which probably has internal fuses and/or breakers of its own.

Hey, O.P.! If you post the make and model of the converter, maybe we can tell you exactly where to look for fuses etc...
Francesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-18-2013, 08:28 PM   #16

Ok, will post it after we take it out tomorrow. Tired for today. Thanks for the help hopefully we can fix it ourself. Don't feel like giving the rv dealer all my money!
GSHenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:07 AM   #17

Ok, I have a WFCO 8955 converter. I have one 7.5 amp blown fuse but all the breakers and the rest of the fuses ok? Should I replace the 2 40 amps? If still no power to 12v then is the converter shot?
Old 05-19-2013, 11:14 AM   #18

Vintage RV Owners Club
I think replacing the blown fuse will likely solve the problem....you might buy a spare for "phase two", though. It could have just blown through some random mischance, but if it blows again immediately you likely have a problem somewhere in the wiring.

Keep us posted!
Francesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:21 AM   #19

Nope didn't do a thing!
Old 05-19-2013, 04:43 PM   #20

Funny thing. Still had the battery hooked up so disconnected it and now my pump works but not the fridge or fan etc. now what?
Old 05-19-2013, 05:01 PM   #21

Longshot, but there is a "kill switch" on my converter. Needs to be pulled out to be on (shows a green light beside) and pushed in to be off. Stupid design, as is is just above the floor below the fridge, so easy to accidentally bump off with ones foot.
Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:01 PM   #22

That 7.5A fuse isn't for the converter. You can see if the two 40A main fuses have continuity. If they do, they're good.
If the batt is D/C and your 12V pump is working, then you have 12V coming from somewhere.
jesilvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:48 AM   #23

Ok I guess what I would like to ask is if you all agree that I should replace the converter? If that's not it , I'm out 130 bucks?maybe I'll call campland and get their opinion too! I appreciate all the input I've gotten and most of you agree converter needs replaced.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:37 PM   #24

The tech @ campland seemed to think battery. It was dead but they said still good. Not sure how they can boost charge a marine battery that quickly. So reconnected it but still nothing . Gonna test the voltage with a meter tomorrow. Not sure what else to do if this fails except to replace vonverter and see what happens. I'm exhausted.