Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-01-2015, 10:51 AM   #1

Help on TT choice

My husband and I sold our trailmanor to down size since the children are gone. We are looking for a smaller four season, preferably all terrain trailer-(less than 22 feet-we like the Nash 17K floorplan). Unfortunately we are in the south east where selection is limited on this type of trailer. We would love to hear from others their positive or negatives on the various makes/models.

Thanks
Mary M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-01-2015, 12:30 PM   #2

We are also now just the two of us and decided on the Nash 17K. We did the research and came to the conclusion that, even though some say quality is not what it was a few years ago, Northwood still makes rugged 4 season trailers. We drive a lot on NW washboard, gravel roads so this was important. We decided on the 17K because of the rear dining area with big window. Almost all other floorplans have the bathroom, or bunks in that location. We might have gone a little bigger if there was a floor plan like that in something else under 22 feet but there is not. Northwood has a 25 foot TT with a rear window, and Outdoors RV, also in La Grande Oregon, has with the rear window but we decided against it because it was about $5,000 more than the great deal we got on the 17K. It was also a lot lower to the ground and not quite as rugged as the Nash. It really was the perfect size though so I hope we don't regret passing it by.

Having said all that, there is one big factor in buying a new Northwood product. I am sure you can order one from a dealer within a long, but doable driving distance. Check out the Northwood Owners forum and someone there can suggest a dealer. BUT, Northwood production is backed up. We ordered our 17K July 2nd and, because of several push backs in production scheduling, 6 months later are still waiting. That model is finally scheduled to be run in a couple of weeks so hopefully we are at the end of our wait. But if you decide to go with the 17K, move quickly as once they finish this production run, it will likely be a long wait for the next one.
WillT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 10:12 PM   #3

I have a Nash 22H and I couldn't be happier. Great trailer, great company. I believe there are benefits to the model I chose because of the extra seating area when gone for extended trips or having friends over. I prefer smaller trailers for many reasons and have no desire to get anything larger. Why advantage would I gain? None!
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 11:27 AM   #4

I personally have read so many bad stories, the worse manufacturer I have dealt with and read about is crossroads. Worst customer support I have ever experienced.

That's my personal story and opinion.

I have heard very good things about airstream though not my cup of tea.
RVGuy1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 05:41 AM   #5

Your choices are more limited if you really want a 4 seasons camper. No personal experience, but you may want to check out Lance trailers. It seems they are getting a few more dealers east of the Mississippi as a dealer in Medina, OH is now carrying some Lance trailers. I assume you are considering Arctic Fox as well as the Nash line. For a 3 season trailer, we're happy with our Winnebago Minnie....but I don't think it would be considered an all terrain trailer.
Brake Buddy, 2015 Chevy Malibu
scbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 08:16 PM   #6

Forest River Owners Club
Have a look at the Livinlites by Camplite. Very well built. All aluminium, even the flooring, nothing to ever rot. They are priced more than the avg trailer. They would probably hold up well to washboard roads. I think this co. even has all terrain models.
LittleHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 07:45 AM   #7

We selected Lance TT #2285. It is 27 ft. It is a Four Season TT. We live in the South. The dealer had just taken on the Lance line. We are very pleased with the Lance comfort and space.
CamperKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 10:05 AM   #8

I wouldn't take any trailer I can think of off-road. The only real way to do all terrain camping is with a truck camper on a 4x4. Or a 4wd motorhome.
The ST tires on a trailer with extra stiff sidewalls would transfer ever little bump into the rig. And getting pelted by debris and rocks in the wheel wells and across the front of the trailer would eat through it in short order.

It's one thing to go down a gravel road slowly once in a while, but anything beyond that sounds like heartbreak waiting to happen.
TDI-Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote