Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-23-2017, 02:46 PM   #1

help picking my first TT

Hello, I am considering buying my first TT, a friend of mine has 2016 Grand Design reflection 312 BHT which I like. I would appreciate any feed back on the grand design or any other recomendations
kal0705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2017, 02:49 PM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
What will you be towing it with? Details matter.
Old 08-23-2017, 03:17 PM   #3

I just bought a 2017 F250 Gas
Old 08-23-2017, 03:37 PM   #4

Grand Design, IMO, is a step above some of the major corporation owned travel trailer brands.
tnrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 05:29 PM   #5

I agree GD is a great brand from the reviews I've read around RV boards. I've also been impressed with what I've seen while shopping and at shows.

As for the first trailer it's just so tough to know what you need and want before you've had a trailer. There will undoubtedly be things you wish were different but you just can't know what they are until you use it for a while.

The best thing ahead of time is to just envision yourself using it under the various circumstances - bedtime for kids, waking up in the morning, cooking meals, rainy days, making a meal or going to the bathroom with slides retracted in a parking lot. There is no such thing as a perfect trailer for a given person. Just try to narrow your search to things you can live with rather than something you can't (kind of like a spouse )
mtofell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 07:16 PM   #6

At the risk of sounding brash if you like your friends trailer buy one like it or similar to it. Shop around. Your friend knows you, we don't. He/she would be more helpful than a bunch of strangers on the internet. Good luck.
60sumtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 01:05 AM   #7

Start looking at trailers. I once thought my uncles brand new corvette was the best thing ever. I looked at nothing else and dreamed of having a cool Corvette Stingray. I would pester him constantly to take me for a ride, let me sit in it, till I sat in an old Ford Truck with a three speed on the column and rust holes in the floor board. Have never bought a Corvette, wouldn't waste my money on one but I have had Ford trucks everyday since then. Go sit in a bunch of them till you find the one that fits you best.
ktn1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 04:58 AM   #8

Grand Design makes a decent trailer. Beyond that, it is impossible to provide other suggestions without knowing your application. Kids/no kids, full hookup/dry camping, weekend trips/long trips/full time, etc. Most importantly, we can't know what makes you happy. Only you know that so you will need to get out and look at a bunch of trailers. Probably the best suggestion I can give is to ignore most of what the RV dealers tell you until you have been around multiple dealerships and learned more about what is available and what you want/need.
blueridge-fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 12:42 PM   #9

Thanks for the input