RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-17-2019, 11:54 AM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normal_Dave View Post
Looks like there is a Facebook group for IntechRV owners. Found a post where a Sol owner installed a sewer drain hose holder:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...EYxRMgZiggexG1

Awesome thanks!

travelnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-17-2019, 11:55 AM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normal_Dave View Post
Looks like there is a Facebook group for IntechRV owners. Found a post where a Sol owner installed a sewer drain hose holder:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...EYxRMgZiggexG1

Awesome Thanks!

travelnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 03:50 PM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelnoob View Post
So just for some clarification It is a Intech Sol and I would be pulling it with a 2017 chevy Colorado. Do i need some special mirror adapters or something because of the width.
I am guessing SOL stands for **** out of luck. I couldnít resist.
rcpd715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 03:52 PM   #116

Quote:
So just for some clarification It is a Intech Sol and I would be pulling it with a 2017 chevy Colorado. Do i need some special mirror adapters or something because of the width.
NO! Buy the trailer and enjoy it!
Old 07-18-2019, 04:08 PM   #117

You have nothing to worry about. Your width is fine and you are only 19 feet long. At 19 feet you can park it most anywhere. Know your height. Some bridges can be very low.
mikena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 04:08 PM   #118
tcg

I know this the trailer forum but the topic caught my eye.

My 28' Class C is 102", I have not had any trouble getting around and here in Michigan we have plenty of construction zones with narrow lanes.

It can make me a little nervous but so far I haven't nailed a cone or side rail.

Go camping and have fun.
tcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 04:33 PM   #119

Some of the new light weight trailers are 7í wide. Maybe you could look at those. They donít have slides so easier to set up.
Personally the bigger the better seems to be the current trend.
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 04:35 PM   #120

Winnebago Owners Club
Overwidth RV's

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3600 View Post
Your friend doesn't know what he's talking about. Most all RV's are 8'6 and that is a legal width in all states. But your friend shouldn't feel bad.

The RV dealer I work for pays the state an oversize vehicle permit fee. I asked why. Was told the awnings and such are wider that 8'6. I had to show him the state law that says RV's are exempt.
As a commercial carrier (the guy that delivers it to the dealer) you would be over width unless they pay the overwidth permit fee who in turn passes it on to the dealer and you. You, as the owner are still over width but, no state I'm aware of enforces it unless your a commercial carrier
KenD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 04:46 PM   #121

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96Bounder1st View Post
I use a Rubbermaid tub with lid to store my drain hose. Self contained including any residual drips.
The idea of getting a fellow RV person to walk you thru the systems is a real good idea.

Good luck and safe travels.

Terry
This is what I do as well. I did it that way when we had the trailer, and now with the diesel pusher. Next month, Iím going to pick up a small trailer (because my big rig doesnít fit in some of the places I want to go...keeping the big rig for long rv Park type trips) similar size to @travelnoob, and will again do the same.
RamblingRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 04:50 PM   #122

Quote:
Thanks Terry
That does sound like the way to go. Iíll entertain the PVC idea for a bit and see if that works for me because my space is very limited. I was thinking of maybe my own kind of bumper space like the other RV guys got just out of a pvc pipe. Do these camp site make it mandatory to use those special hoses or can you DIY a PVC system that links together. Just cause Iíd imagine a pvc line would be easier to clean then those groovy hoses. Then again there is weight to consider.
The reason for the flexible system instead of pvc is that youíll never be able to park the trailer exactly enough to get the solid pvc drain pipe to line up well enough with the dump to get the yuck where it needs to go.

May I add, get yourself some latex gloves for handling the stinky slinky.
RamblingRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 04:50 PM   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Yung2 Quit View Post
Many won't get that. You're old.

Dang, that's why I got it
LarryFlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 05:33 PM   #124

Forest River Owners Club
Sewer Pipe storage

I just added a second storage location for the second section of sewer hose that wouldn't quite fit in my bumper. I used a 5" square white vinyl fence post which you can buy at Lowes or Home Depot. I attached it underneath but probably should have mounted it to the top of the bumper. They have square caps to cover the ends. I just glued one end and put bungees around the other to hold it on. I will come up with some more ingenious cover holder later. Super easy and pretty cheap. The reason I used fence post was 4" wasn't big enough and it jumps to 6" at Lowes and HD.
SailorDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 05:35 PM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryFlew View Post
Dang, that's why I got it
Yeah...

Me too...

I'm gonna sit on the porch and yell at the kids driving too fast on the street...
sirtate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 05:39 PM   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorDan View Post
I just added a second storage location for the second section of sewer hose that wouldn't quite fit in my bumper. I used a 5" square white vinyl fence post which you can buy at Lowes or Home Depot. I attached it underneath but probably should have mounted it to the top of the bumper. They have square caps to cover the ends. I just glued one end and put bungees around the other to hold it on. I will come up with some more ingenious cover holder later. Super easy and pretty cheap. The reason I used fence post was 4" wasn't big enough and it jumps to 6" at Lowes and HD.
You could put a solar newel post cap on it!

It would provide campsite 'clearance markers'

I suspect your design was the root of all of those 'made especially for RV' holders for sale at Camping World.

sirtate is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trailer, travel, travel trailer