Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-25-2014, 03:39 PM   #1
Jayco Owners Club
Heritage Glen Owners?

I posted this in the owners forum and have had no replies... so maybe the mods will allow a more or less double post...

We're kind of looking at different trailers. I can't use a 5er because of my hobbies... other than RVing. I need my pickup bed. So we're stuck owning TTs. I have looked at lots of trailers on line and a couple on lots. I have looked at Heritage Glen TTs on line only, and so far I have been mildly impressed. I have owned a FR Surveyor for some time and we have had very few problems with it. It isn't great but we have enjoyed it, and even lived in it briefly... for 2 months... while selling our home and moving.

So, I am not opposed to buying another FR product, which brings me to the question. If you have one of these travel trailers, regardless of the floor plan, how do you like it? Has the quality been good, average, or poor? Would you buy another if you, Heaven forbid, totaled the one you have? I will probably do this within the next 2 years or so, due to a growing family of grandchildren... and I'll probably buy one with a large sleeping capacity. So, bunk house model owners opinions will carry a bit more weight.

Thanks in advance for replies...

Jack and Dee Dee Weatherford, Texas
2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4X4 w/CTD 6.7
2016 Jayco White Hawk 28DSBH Travel Trailer
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2014, 08:09 AM   #2
I have the Salem Hemisphere 312 QBUD model. Exact same as the Heritage Glen models with different decals outside. (Like Chevy vs. GMC) (I still don't understand why). Anyways, I have been more than happy with the trailer. It did have a few minor issues like loose blinds and a door out of alignment. All the issues were fixed without question under warranty. So far I am impressed with Forest River. My original dealer was destroyed by a tornado (EZ Living RV in Diamond, IL). I called camping world and they happily handled all of my warranty issues through Forest River. They went as far as replacing the warped counter tops in the outside kitchen that were clearly damaged by me leaving the door open during a rain storm. The last issue I have to get repaired is a delamination bubble in the fiberglass. It has to go back to the factory for that repair. I just have delayed because the 2 months they were back logged and needed it to repair I had already planned some trips. I plan to get it repaired this winter. FR even offered to come pick it up and bring it to the factory for me! It may sound as if I had a lot of issues, but someone once told me "try hitching up your house and dragging it down the road a couple thousand miles and see what happens". With that being said, I think the quality is about the best you are going to get for the price of the unit. Be sure to ask your dealer to add the 2nd year factory warranty for $150. My dealer never mentioned it. They just wanted to sell their extended warranty. I ended up purchasing it directly from FR. I have owned he unit for about 18 months. Numerous short trips and twice from Chicago to Florida. Good Luck. Let me know if I can help more.
jjvallee is offline   Reply With Quote