Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-07-2017, 07:16 AM   #1

Hi - new member here

Hi all!

Just yesterday picked up my new-to-me TT.
1999 Terry Northwest Edition 825Y

Interior is about a 9/10, exterior a little less at 8/10 - but overall very good condition. Seems to have a bunch of the options, from what I've gathered so far.

Anything anyone can point for things to look for?
Common defects, things like that?

I took delivery right after buying it so I could have a good go through of it, then it's going back to the dealer for them to "prep it" for sale.

Needed it Right Now (!) as we had a hard rain storm here over the weekend, and the roof decided to not cooperate. Which then took out the living room ceiling. :(
So we're now lodged in the Terry for a few days until the repairs are finished.
Dr.Fiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-07-2017, 11:33 AM   #2

Welcome to iRV2.

I'm assuming the roof leak was at the S&B not the trailer , either way bummer.

I'm sure many TT owners will be along soon , to help with your questions .

Again , welcome and Safe travels.
Old 06-08-2017, 05:13 PM   #3

Powell River huh? I just moved to AB from North Delta, and a buddy just bought a place in PR! Small world...

Yes - the leak was in the house. It's now mostly fixed. Another day or so.
(that being said - there's also a storm rolling through tonight, so I REALLY hope the guy who fixed the roof did it right!!)

Finding an squishing bugs in the TT as I go here.
Going to need some parts for a few things (window seals that have shrunk for example).
Have a new wall mount stereo coming (stock one goes to 100% volume at all times!).
Got the furnace going, and the gas side of the fridge.
Going to need a new pair of batteries (even a desulfate wouldn't bring them back).
The list goes on... expected with an 18y/o setup! Being a mechanic really helps.

Oh, and I have ALL the documentation for this one from the factory - I'll scan them up some day if anyone needed something.
Old 06-08-2017, 05:29 PM   #4

A few pics - since.. well... pics, or it didn't happen!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1858.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	242.8 KB
ID:	164480   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1866.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	267.9 KB
ID:	164481  

Name:	IMG_1864.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	160.7 KB
ID:	164482  
Old 06-08-2017, 05:56 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Fiero View Post
Powell River huh? I just moved to AB from North Delta, and a buddy just bought a place in PR! Small world...
If your buddy bought a house on Penticton Street in PR.Last summer. Then it's a very small world. The view from his living room is the windshield of my coach.
Lots of people bailing out of GVRD . Grab the money and run. Prices here 20% of Vancouver.

What part of AB. did you move to ?

By the way second picture , when the sky is that black in daylight hours ....RUN !
Old 06-09-2017, 06:33 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
If your buddy bought a house on Penticton Street in PR.Last summer. Then it's a very small world. The view from his living room is the windshield of my coach.
Lots of people bailing out of GVRD . Grab the money and run. Prices here 20% of Vancouver.

What part of AB. did you move to ?

By the way second picture , when the sky is that black in daylight hours ....RUN !
Never been to his place, I'll have to ask!

I'm just outside Lethbridge. I'm one of those people that grabbed the money and ran.

And those clouds must have been quite a bit to the west, as they never did anything to us. Unlike last night.
115k winds. Even with its legs down, it felt like we were going to go over a few times. Ripped the shield thing right off the front of the RV. Huge mess here.
Old 06-16-2017, 07:21 PM   #7

So... nothing like going from day one of ownership to living in it full time for a week and a half!!

All the house repairs took a bit longer than planned (?what? that never happens!!). But, it's all done, and we're back moved in. Better than it was before to boot. It was empty - might as well improve things!!

As for the Terry - upgraded to a Honeywell t-stat (crazy easy of course) from the old mechanical one. Was going to also tie the rooftop AC into it, but still have too many important things to do. Another day!

Replaced the AM/FM/Cass that was locked at 100% volume with an AM/FM/DVD/BT unit that I got from Magnadyne.
RV5090
Much nicer!

Replaced all the interior lights with LED bulbs. I admit, one bonus of the 1156's was not really needing to use the furnace. Cough.

Picked up a 2nd 30lb bottle, so the paranoia level of freezing overnight was reduced.

Ordered up a bunch of other small things as well.
90* fitting for the shore water.
Water pressure regulator for it.
Couple of Camco gauges for the propane tanks.
Cross bar for the screen door (so hopefully nobody will yank the plastic door off anymore!).
New bubble levels all around.
Anode rod with integrated drain.

Anything I missed that I should have got?!!! Hahahah...

I really need to buy more stock in Amazon.
Old 07-16-2017, 06:40 PM   #8

Not like it's a huge thing, but... it bugged me!
During the #2 storm (above) that did assorted damaged, including ripping the "forward blast shield" off (dammit Scotty!) - I finally got around to fixing it!

You can see it in one of the front shots above. It not only got damaged by being ripped off the trailer by 115K winds, it started off all weather beaten and faded anyhow.
So, here it is now after some free hand painting. No, I'm not an artist by ANY means. If you got within 5ft you'd notice. But if anyone gets that close, I'll just whack 'em with a bat.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1959.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	296.5 KB
ID:	168995  

Tags